If you’ve been reading Hello Little Home for a while, you probably know that I’m not a fan of New York summers. It’s kind of crazy to say that, I know, because for most of my life I’ve loved summer. But truthfully, I’ve been dreading its arrival for months.
Having experienced two of these horrible NYC summers, I know what to expect: my apartment’s going to be unbearable, my hair’s going to frizz, the subway will be miserable, and it will be gross outside (as I will be in return). Yes, I will admit there are a few good parts – picnics in the park, trips to the beach, etc. – so someone please stop my complaining!
Right now, the weather is gorgeous, and I’m trying to enjoy it while it lasts. One thing that’s cheered me up was pulling all my cute spring dresses out of storage.
I absolutely love a pretty dress and wear them nonstop from spring through fall, so today I decided to roundup the best spring dresses!
This is one of my favorite dresses that I wear constantly. I love the patterned stripes and cheery color. Plus, it works just as well with a cardigan in air-conditioned offices or as it does without on more casual days!
I’ve never had a defined waist, and belts sometimes make me feel self-conscious. However, I’ve learned that adding a belt under a cardigan gives the illusion of a slimmer midsection. It’s genius … give it a try!
shoes, A2 by Aerosoles
How do you like my new shoes? I’m standing on my feet a lot these days, so I need something comfortable. I’m really vain though, and a lot of “comfort” shoes are kind of ugly. This A2 by Aerosoles pair is cute and comfy, something which is surprisingly hard to find. Plus, I love the unique bronze color that goes with everything I own.
- Farrow Silverlake Dress. I love the stripes and midi length, plus it works just as well for the office (add a cardigan or jacket) as it does for days off.
- Loft Abstract Zebra Cap Sleeve Dress. The print on this dress is so cool. I need this beauty in my closet ASAP!
- Everlane Sleeveless Dress. Loose, swingy silhouettes like this one are perfect on hot, humid days when you don’t want anything touching your skin.
- Stelen Navigator Dress. This updated t-shirt dress is so fun with its flared shape and v-shaped back. Wear it with a pair of Chucks or minimal sandals.
- ModCloth Right on Parlor Dress. The floral print on this dress is super pretty. It would be perfect for a wedding or even brunch.
- LOVE 21 Drapey Floral Tile Print Dress. Are you feeling a little boho? This is the perfect dress for you!
- LOVE 21 Perforated Yoke Shirt Dress. Top this dress with a colorful cardi, and you have a stylish, but no fuss look for the office.
- Loft Beach Striped Cross Back Maxi. This cute maxi works just as well for picnics in the park as it does for days at the beach.
- Simply Vera Vera Wang Pleated High-Low Maxi Dress. Dress this pretty style up or down with heels or flats.
- Loft Tasseled Chambray Dress. There is so much I love about this dress, from the chambray material to the decorative stitching to the tasseled belt!
- Loft Ooh La La V-Neck Dress. Here is another dress that works for the office and for play.
- Milly for DesigNation Sheath Scuba Dress. The print on this dress is stunning, and it’s an affordable way to try the scuba trend.
- The Limited Printed Shift Dress. This dress’ loose silhouette works well on hot days.
- ModCloth In All Modesty Dress. It doesn’t get much prettier than this gorgeous eyelet number!
- ASTR Embroidered Strapless Dress. This dress would make a great beach coverup. Plus, how cute are the slits? They keep the midi length from becoming frumpy, that’s for sure!
- ModCloth Carnival Va Voom Dress. A pretty pleated skirt, plus colorful stripes … it doesn’t get much better than that!
- ModCloth Pleased to Crete You Dress. This eyelet maxi is absolutely stunning. Take it from boho to preppy with your choice of accessories.
- LOVE 21 Abstract Stripe Sheath Dress. The cutout straps on this dress immediately caught my eye.
- NYDJ Lana Ikat Print Fit & Flare Dress. This gorgeous floral dress would be perfect for a summer wedding.
- Alternative Apparel Eco Drape Jersey Maxi Dress. I love the details (draped waist, neutral gray color, etc.) on this casual maxi dress.
Which is your favorite dress?
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps keep Hello Little Home running.