After making over my fireplace, I started looking around my apartment for other spaces that could benefit from a few small changes. I decided that my bathroom was next on my to do list.
I haven’t really done much with the bathroom. Before moving into the apartment, I ordered everything I needed online, and it doesn’t all go together that well. I’m thinking a few small changes will make a big difference.
Here are a few before pictures:
- Shower Curtain and Rings. I like my shower curtain, but not really in my bathroom, if you know what I mean. This is one of the items I ordered online, and it will probably stay for now. The shower rings need some serious TLC though. If you look closely, you can see that the white center is missing from the right ring. I think each one of these white plastic discs has popped off at some point, and I just keep gluing them back on. Annoying!
- Art. I love the prints that are already hanging. My husband and I bought them at the Alameda Flea Market in California, and they remind me of San Francisco. I’d like to hang some additional art.
- Storage. The wire racks with all my beauty products are handy but could use a little organization (they’re also kind of ugly). And I didn’t include a picture, but the medicine cabinet and area under the sink also need some reorganization.
- Towel Bar. Our bath towels hang on the back of the bathroom door (not shown), which is really convenient. The other towel bar in the bathroom drives me crazy though! It’s in an awkward position right above the toilet, so anything I set there is covered by the towel. Also, it’s too big for a single hand towel.
- Soap Dispenser. Oops, I forgot to include a picture of the current one. Like the shower curtain, it was bought online before our move. It has a pattern and is not quite white. I’d like something simpler.
- Lightbulbs. I need to stock up on these before I can’t buy them anymore!
OK, now that I covered the problem areas, here’s what I have in mind to improve the space:
- Add more art. I’ll keep the existing art and hang a few more pieces, too (to be determined after I search my collection).
- Organize the “stuff” sitting on top of the toilet. I’ll probably get rid of the small wire dress form, and I’d like to get a tissue box cover. I love this tissue box cover, although the one I get will probably be much less fancy. Another bath canister would be helpful for for storing hair accessories. Finally, I’d love to get a small tray to corral everything. This bamboo bath tray from West Elm is a steal (bonus!).
- Get new shower curtain rings. I’ll keep the current shower curtain for now, but I’ll replace the rings. I love the clean look of these shower curtain hooks from Home Classics.
- Line wire baskets. Those wire racks I showed above are literally painted to the wall, so it would cause more problems than it’s worth to remove them. Instead, I’ll sew some simple basket liners. I like the look of these lined wire baskets from World Market, so hopefully I can create something similar!
- Find a new towel rack. I’ll replace the towel bar above the toilet with a smaller one that’s hung higher on the wall. I like the round shape of this Delta Crestfield Towel Rack
- Replace the existing soap dispenser. This simple white ceramic soap dispenser is perfect.
- Keep the current bath mat. It’s from West Elm, and I love it.
- Reorganize the medicine cabinet and under sink storage. I need to go through these areas, get rid of stuff we aren’t using, and organize what’s left.
I’m planning to work on this mini-makeover during the next month or so. I’ll let you know when it’s camera-ready!
P.S. If you’re curious, check out more of my home here.
I’m linking up with the Lovely Ladies Linky, Make Bake Create, Your Whims Wednesday, Work It Wednesday, Lamberts Lately’s Create It Thursday, Live Laugh Rowe’s Live Laugh Linky, Flaunt It Friday, Remodelaholic’s Anonymous, Craft Frenzy Friday, Link Party Palooza, Best of the Weekend, Cheerios & Lattes’ Saturday Show & Tell, Pieced Pastimes’ Saturday Sparks, Get Schooled Saturday, Inspiration Monday, Craft-O-Maniac Monday, Much Ado About Monday, Give Me the Goods Monday, Home Stories A to Z’s Tutorials & Tips, A Stroll Through Life’s Inspire Me Tuesday, Time to Sparkle, The Scoop, Tuesday’s Treasures, Ginger Jamboree, Sugar Bee Crafts’ Take-A-Look Tuesday, The Makers, VMG206’s Brag About It, The Inspiration Exchange, and The Wednesday Roundup.
*This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission. I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps to support the free content offered on Hello Little Home (thank you so much!).