This Chocolate Covered Strawberry Parfait pairs delicious, sweet berries with rich chocolate for an amazing dessert that’s sure to impress!
I love to eat as many strawberries as possible at this time of year. They are just so sweet!
Of course, perfectly ripe strawberries are amazing on their own, but they’re even better in a delicious seasonal dessert, like this Chocolate Covered Strawberry Parfait.
I shared the recipe for these parfaits over at The Pinning Mama last year, but they are so delicious that I wanted to make sure you didn’t miss out on this delicious treat.
This recipe is so easy! You’ll start by slicing the berries and chopping chocolate sandwich cookies. Make sure to use chocolate-filled Oreos (not the classic kind) or a similar cookie. You can purchase the cookies online at Amazon or Target (affiliate links) if you can’t find them in store.
Next, you’ll combine melted chocolate with cream cheese, powdered sugar, and heavy cream for a delicious and decadent chocolate cream.
Everything gets layered together (use a clear glass for a pretty presentation), and then it’s time to dig in.
Serve these Chocolate Covered Strawberry Parfaits after a light summer meal for a dessert that’s impossible to resist!
- 1 lb. strawberries
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 12 chocolate-filled sandwich cookies, like Oreo Chocolate Creme Cookies
- 4 oz. bittersweet or dark chocolate
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. powdered sugar, divided
- 1 1/3 cup heavy cream, divided
- Set aside 4 strawberries. Remove stems from the remaining berries and slice.
- Place sliced strawberries in a small bowl along with 1 tsp. sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- Chop cookies into small pieces. Set aside.
- Chop chocolate, then slowly melt in a microwave. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine cream cheese and 1/4 cup powdered sugar in a stand mixer bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate to cream cheese and mix until well incorporated.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add 1 cup heavy cream.
- Mix until cream is fully incorporated, then increase speed and blend until mixture is light, creamy, and holds a soft peak. Set aside.
- Whisk together remaining 1/3 cup heavy cream and 1 tbsp. powdered sugar in a small bowl until it can hold a soft peak. Set aside.
- To assemble parfaits, place a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of four glass.
- Top cream cheese with a spoonful of cookies, then a layer of strawberries.
- Repeat these layers one more time, then add another layer of the cream cheese mixture.
- Add a spoonful of whipped cream to each parfait, then garnish with the reserved strawberries.
- Serve parfaits immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat. Enjoy!
This Chocolate Covered Strawberry Parfait is very rich. Serve the parfaits in smaller glasses (4 oz. mason jars would be perfect) to cut the serving size in half. The smaller size is great for parties or eaters with a light appetite).
What is your favorite way to eat strawberries?
P.S. Like this Chocolate Covered Strawberry Parfait? You’ll love all of my parfait recipes … there’s one for every season!
P.P.S. Check out all of my posts for The Pinning Mama!
I’m linking up with I Heart Naptime.