Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and I’m officially in love with all things red, pink, and chocolate-covered!
Whether you are a fan of this day or not, these Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread Hearts are a wonderfully sweet treat for your friends, family, and loved ones.
Shortbread is a favorite cookie of mine. I love the buttery flavor and delicate texture that seems to melt in my mouth. Of course, cutting the shortbread into heart shapes and covering it in chocolate makes it taste even better!
I first shared these Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread Hearts over at The Pinning Mama. They were so easy to make, that I didn’t want you to miss the recipe!
My favorite thing about these cookies, apart from the yummy taste and simple recipe, are the basic ingredients needed to make them. You probably already have everything you need in your pantry.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups flour
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- Cream butter and sugar using a stand mixer or hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Mix in vanilla and salt.
- Add flour and mix until just blended.
- Gather dough into a ball and place on a floured board.
- Roll out dough with a rolling pin to about 1/4-inch thick.
- Use a 3-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out cookies. Gather any scraps and reroll them to get more cookies.
- Transfer cookies to baking sheets.
- Bake cookies until they begin to get golden around edges, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack.
- Chop chocolate into medium pieces and place in a small bowl.
- Melt chocolate using a microwave or on the stove. Do not overheat.
- Dip cookies into chocolate or use a spoon to drizzle chocolate over cookies.
- Transfer decorated cookies to parchment lined baking sheets.
- Place cookies in freezer until chocolate sets.
- Enjoy cookies immediately or store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!
I like to package these Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Hearts in little paper bags for an easy Valentine. Simply slide a cookie in a kraft bag and seal with cute washi tape. How simple is that?
What is your favorite Valentine’s Day treat?
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something after clicking one of these links, then I may get a small commission (at no extra cost to you). I only recommend products I love, and your purchase helps support the free content offered on Hello Little Home. Thank you!