Get the recipe for my all-time favorite Christmas treat, Nona’s Pecan Finger Cookies!
I usually go a little crazy baking Christmas cookies at this time of year. I love making a ton of cookies to share with co-workers, friends, and family. It’s definitely one of my happiest holiday traditions.
Usually, I bake a mix of tried-and-true family recipes, along with a few new cookies. I love trying new recipes, but this year my kitchen is too small for a marathon baking session. So, I’m focusing on my all-time favorites, including Nona’s Pecan Finger Cookies.
No matter the other options, if Nona’s Pecan Finger Cookies were available, I went for them first (and still do).
I hope you’ll try this yummy Pecan Finger Cookies recipe. I need to warn you though: it’s impossible to stop at just one!
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, plus additional for rolling cookies
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. water
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups ground pecans
- Cream butter using a mixer. Add 1/4 cup powdered sugar, vanilla, and water; mix well.
- Add flour, salt, and pecans, and mix until blended.
- Cover and chill dough for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Form dough into rolls about 1 1/2 to 2 inches long and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for one hour. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- While the cookies are still warm, roll in powdered sugar to coat.
- Let cookies cool, then serve immediately or store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
P.S. Check out all of my Christmas recipes, crafts, and decor ideas!