My husband grew up eating at Yoder’s in Sarasota, Florida. The restaurant is a local institution, and they’re known for their peanut butter pie. He still loves that pie to this day, although we don’t get to Florida nearly enough to satisfy his cravings.
I wanted to treat him to something sweet recently and thought of that pie. It was a little selfish, too, I’ll admit. I mean, who doesn’t love chocolate and peanut butter?
Rather than compete with Joel’s memories of Yoder’s, I decided to make easy no bake Creamy Peanut Butter Tart instead. It was hit!
After leaving Joel alone with this tart for the day, I returned home to find that he had eaten almost half (#GuessHeLikedIt). I’m just glad he left some for me, because this Creamy Peanut Butter Pie is simply amazing!
It’s also very easy to make and requires no baking. You’ll start by making a graham cracker crust and pressing it into a tart pan. The crust gets topped with a luscious peanut butter filling that comes together quickly with just a few delicious ingredients.
Peanut butter needs chocolate, right? I finished the tart by drizzling it with melted Lindt Supreme Dark chocolate. It’s a very intense, almost bitter chocolate made from 90% cocoa that’s the perfect complement to the sweet filling. This tart would be yummy with any chocolate though, so try your favorite!
If you are anything like me, you’ll want to dig into this Creamy Peanut Butter Tart immediately. Try to resist though and refrigerate the tart to allow the filling to firm up. Some things are worth the wait!
- 12 graham crackers, crushed
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3.5 oz. dark chocolate
- Combine graham crackers, butter, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Press crust firmly into a tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Refrigerate crust while you prepare the filling.
- Using a stand mixer, whip cream until soft peaks form. Scrape into a small bowl and set aside.
- In the same mixing bowl (no need to clean), combine, cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Mix on medium speed until completely smooth.
- Gently fold whipped cream into peanut butter mixture in three separate batches.
- Spread filling evenly over graham cracker crust. Set aside.
- Coarsely chop chocolate and place in a small bowl.
- Microwave chocolate for 30 seconds. Stir.
- Continue microwaving chocolate for 15 seconds, then stirring, until melted.
- Transfer chocolate to a zip lock bag and snip off a small corner.
- Drizzle chocolate over tart.
- Refrigerate tart for at least one hour to allow filling to firm up. Enjoy!
Start your drizzling off the tart, then quickly move back and forth, always starting and ending off the tart. Make all your lines in one direction, then turn the tart and go the other way.