This post is sponsored by MobiSave. All opinions are my own.
My Creamy Spinach Artichoke Soup is the perfect antidote to a cold winter day!
It’s been cold in Dallas lately, and I’ve been crossing my fingers for a dusting of snow. I’ve heard it happens occasionally!
My apartment has a huge wall of vintage windows, which I love, but they let in the cold air. So while I’m waiting for that snow to show up, I’ve been warming up with bowls of this delicious Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Soup!
I picked up a package of Barilla Collezione Three Cheese Tortellini for this recipe (find it by the dried pasta at your local store), and it was so delicious … the perfect addition to this rich, creamy soup. And the best part is that I was able to save on my pasta purchase using the MobiSave app!
I love saving money on groceries, but I don’t like clipping coupons. It just takes too long, and I tend to forget them at home anyway. An easier way to save money at the grocery store is by using the MobiSave app.
It’s so easy to use this app! Before your shopping trip, download the MobiSave app, then open it to find deals on groceries, beauty and health items, and even prescriptions. Select the deals you’re interested in, then go shopping. Once you return home, simply scan the receipt using the app, and you’ll receive cash back within 24 hours.
I’ve tried similar apps, and I prefer MobiSave for a couple reasons. First, the deals are good at any store that provides an itemized receipt. And second, you don’t have to meet a minimum amount before getting a payout … no amount is too small.
This delicious soup starts with a simple, yet flavorful base of sauteed onions and garlic. Next, the tortellini is cooked in vegetable broth until it’s almost (but not quite) al dente. Finally, you’ll add fresh spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, and a little cream. A sprinkle of Parmesan cheese is all you need for a complete meal. Yum!
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/4 cup flour
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (12-oz.) package Barilla Collezione Three Cheese Tortellini
- 1 (14-oz.) can quartered artichoke hearts, well drained and roughly chopped
- 2 cups lightly packed spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion to pot. Season with salt and pepper, then saute until softened and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Mix flour into pot, then cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly whisk in vegetable broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini to pot; cook, stirring occasionally, until almost al dente (about 7 to 8 minutes).
- Stir in artichokes and spinach.
- When spinach is wilted, add heavy cream. Mix well. (Do not boil.)
- Remove soup from heat, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve soup hot, sprinkled with Parmesan Cheese. Enjoy!
I rarely have leftovers when I make this Creamy Spinach Artichoke Soup, but if you do, here’s a quick tip. The tortellini tends to soak up liquid as it cools, so add a little extra cream, broth, or water when you’re ready to reheat it. Then slowly warm the soup over medium low heat until it’s hot (do not boil).
I’m linking up with Tatertots & Jello.