This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AD #Tailgreatness #CollectiveBias
Get ready for tailgreatness with my mouthwatering Crock Pot Spicy 3 Bean Chili, and the all-day, all-night protection from heartburn of Nexium® 24HR*. *Use as directed. *May take 1-4 days for full effect.
My husband is a football fanatic. Before he transferred to the small college where we met, he went to a big state school, and he still follows the team.
Most weekends, you’ll find him glued to the TV as his team plays. My college was known more for its academic programs than its football team (it’s telling that our unofficial mascot was a turtle), so even though I didn’t go to Joel’s college myself, it’s fun to join him in cheering on his team.
One thing that always makes game day special is awesome food, like this Crock Pot Spicy 3 Bean Chili. It’s filled with bold, spicy flavors and feeds a crowd, making it perfect for watch parties and tailgating!
I’ve suffered from heartburn for as long as I can remember. It’s the worst feeling to realize that a bout is coming on and to not be prepared for it. So when I know that I’ll be eating something rich or spicy (like this chili), I plan ahead by using Nexium® 24HR several days before game day.
Nexium® 24HR is the #1 choice of doctors and pharmacists* for their own frequent heartburn. *Among PCPs and Pharmacists who use a branded OTC PPI. I’ve been using it for years, and since I’m pretty much addicted to spicy food, I like knowing that with just one pill a day, I’m able to enjoy the foods l love!
Delicious food is the best part of game day in my opinion (my husband may beg to differ), and I can’t resist something spicy. Chili is my go to, and although I’ve created a few chili recipes before, I was craving a classic chili that could be cooked in a slow cooker.
This Crock Pot Spicy 3 Bean Chili was exactly what I had in mind!
This yummy chili is full of well-developed, rich and spicy flavors, and apart from a little chopping, the slow cooker does all the work. The recipe also relies on what I think of as healthy convenience foods (canned beans and tomatoes) to keep prep to a minimum.
I love a recipe like this for game day, because there’s no hassle, and it’s so simple put together.
To make this delicious Crock Pot Spicy 3 Bean Chili, you’ll simply combine all of the ingredients in your slow cooker. No pre-cooking anything or adding something halfway through … I told you it was easy! You can cook this chili on high or low, too, depending on your time frame.
This tasty, thick chili is delicious all on it’s own. I’m all about the toppings though, so I finished off my bowl with red onions, cheese, sour cream, and cilantro. Yum! If you’re hosting a watching party, you could set up a toppings bar and let guests add their faves. Wouldn’t that be fun?
However you top it, this Crock Pot Spicy 3 Bean Chili is the perfect addition to game day!
- 2 (15-oz.) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15-oz.) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15-oz.) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28-oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 (14-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 - 2 chipotle chiles, chopped, plus 1 tbsp. adobe sauce (from canned chiles)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- diced red onion
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- chopped cilantro
- Combine all ingredients (except toppings), PLUS 1/2 cup water, in a crock pot. Mix well.
- Cook chili over high heat for 2 to 3 hours or over low heat for 6 to 8 hours, or until onions are tender.
- Serve chili topped with red onions, cheese, sour cream, and cilantro (or your favorite toppings). Enjoy!
- Crank up the heat by using hot chili powder (add another tablespoon, too) and extra chipotle peppers. Serve it with your favorite hot sauce.
- Can’t take the heat? Use a mild chili powder and only one chipotle pepper. Or skip the pepper altogether and just use the adobo sauce from the can. You’ll still get the smokey flavor, but the finished chili won’t be as spicy.
- Add your favorite veggies, like chopped green or red peppers and corn.
- I’m not a meat eater, but if you are, precook some beef with the onions, then add it with all the other ingredients and cook as directed. Depending on the size of your crock pot, you may want to skip a can or two of beans. Add a little extra water if the chili is too thick.
What is your favorite spicy recipe? Make sure you’re ready for game day by picking up Nexium® 24HR at Walmart and sign up to recieve savings on your purchase!
I’m linking up with I Heart Naptime.