The weather has been pretty chilly these last few days in New York. I’m on the verge of breaking out my winter coat, but I’m trying to resist!
In the meantime, I’m wearing my favorite scarves and other cool weather gear to keep warm. Now is the perfect time to shop for cute cold weather accessories, so I’ve rounded up my faves!
I was so impatient for fall to arrive the first year I lived in New York. September was super hot, and it seemed like autumn would never show up. I was convinced the leaves were just going to turn brown at some point and fall off the trees.
Of course, those pretty fall colors and cooler temps eventually did arrive!
Mid-October through early-November seems to be the fall sweet spot here, and I’m so excited that it finally feels like autumn! I love walking around Central Park with a warm drink and taking it all in.
A little bundling up is needed, but I don’t mind. It’s always fun to break out the cozy hats, scarves, and mitts!
This is the perfect time of year to shop for cute cold weather accessories. The shelves are stocked, and you have your pick of the best. I’ve learned from experience not to wait until January … unless you want slim pickings!
Gloves / Mittens:
- LEMON ‘Peppermint Slub’ Mittens with Faux Fur Trim
- Echo Pop Top Gloves
- Nirvanna Designs ‘Soho’ Knit Mittens
- Echo ‘Touch – Ruffle’ Tech Gloves
- Simply Vera Vera Wang Embellished Cable-Knit Fingerless Gloves
- Nirvanna Designs ‘Snowflake’ Ear Muffs
- Madden Girl Rolled Edge Knit Headband
- Michael Stars ‘Downtown’ Wide Brim Fedora
- Nordstrom Wool Bow Cloche
- Madden Girl Faux-Fur Pom-Pom Cable-Knit Beanie
- Phase 3 Chunky Rib Knit Beanie
- Madden Girl Two Tone Tassel Infinity Scarf
- Columbia Cable Knit Scarf
- Renee’s Accessories Chevron Scarf
- Nordstrom Faux Fur Stole
- Apt. 9 Woven Jacquard Stripe Blanket Scarf
- Nordstrom Cashmere and Silk Wrap
- Softspots ‘Campbell’ Tall Boot
- A2 by Aerosoles ‘Color Range’ Wedge Boot
- Madden Girl ‘Frolic’ Duck Boots
- Kate Spade New York ‘Ginnie’ Bootie – I had to include my namesake boot … so cute although perhaps best for a night out vs. trudging through a snow bank!
Is it feeling like fall where you live?