This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpookySnacks #CollectiveBias
When it comes to Halloween, I like to think of my kitchen as a spooky snack lab. This year, I created two spooky Halloween treats, a Dirt Chocolate Cheesecake Parfait and an Orange You Glad It’s Halloween Float, that are scary delicious!
This post contains affiliate links.
My sister and niece are visiting New York next week. Savanna is almost four years old, so she’s at the perfect age to really appreciate Halloween. Since their visit is so close to Halloween, I thought it would be fun to create some spooky Halloween snacks to surprise her with.
The first treat I came up with was a Dirt Chocolate Cheesecake Parfait. Take out the worms and you have a decadent treat that’s worth serving year round, but add them in and you have dessert that’s made for Halloween! I mean, what kid would not love being presented with a cup of edible dirt and worms?
This Dirt Chocolate Cheesecake Parfait is so simple to put together. You’ll make a rich, chocolatey cheesecake filling, then layer it with crushed OREO cookies (the dirt). A few gummy worms poking through the layers make this creepy, crawly dessert extra fun!
My second treat, an Orange You Glad It’s Halloween Float, was even easier to make but no less tasty! This float has two simple ingredients: vanilla ice cream and Fanta Orange Soda. Fanta is a favorite of mine … one sip brings me right back to my childhood!
This delicious Orange You Glad It’s Halloween Float is not just for the kids … my husband and I enjoyed a few glasses, too!
I can’t wait to bring my niece into my spooky snack lab (aka kitchen) to help create these fun Dirt Chocolate Cheesecake Parfait and Orange You Glad It’s Halloween Float recipes!
- 1 (4-oz.) semi sweet chocolate bar
- 16 OREOS
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- gummy worms
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 (7.5-oz.) can Fanta
- Break chocolate into pieces, then melt in a microwave. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Chop OREOs into small pieces. Set aside.
- Place cream cheese and ¼ cup powdered sugar in a stand mixer bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Add chocolate to cream cheese and mix well.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add 1 cup heavy cream.
- Keep mixing until cream is fully incorporated, then increase speed and blend until mixture is light, creamy, and holds a soft peak. Set aside.
- To assemble parfaits, place a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of each glass.
- Top cream cheese mixture with a gummy worm and a spoonful of OREOS.
- Repeat the cream cheese and OREO layers one more time (add more gummy worms if you wish), then add another layer of the cream cheese mixture.
- Decorate the top of the parfait with gummy worms, then sprinkle with remaining OREOs.
- Serve parfaits immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For each float, fill a medium glass with 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- Slowly pour Fanta over ice cream.
- Garnish floats with straw and spoon. Serve immediately.
Pair the parfait with my Orange You Glad It’s Halloween Float, and you have an instant party!
Be sure to check out more Halloween snack ideas at the Spooky Snack Lab, including exclusive recipes from Evette Rios, host of the CBS show Recipe Rehab. I’d love to hear your favorite!
What is your favorite Halloween treat?