I’m super excited to bring back my holiday gift guide series this week. Each day, I’m sharing a gift you can make, plus an accompanying guide for gifts you can purchase … I like to think of these daily posts as my Buy or DIY Gift Guides!
Today I’m sharing a tutorial for DIY Wood Slice Snowflake Coasters, plus a home gift guide!
This post contains affiliate links.
I’ve had these DIY Wood Slice Snowflake Coasters on my list to make since last Christmas. I just ran out of time to make them!
Coasters make a great gift for pretty much anyone, and these are super easy to make!
Keep reading to the end of the post for the tutorial.
In addition to the coasters, I’m also sharing a home gift guide!
Gift for the home are always fun to buy! While you probably don’t want to buy someone a couch (unless they picked it out), something small or luxurious is always a good choice. This home gift guide is full of great options!
- Faux Fur Throw – this luxurious throw comes in six colors beautiful colors and is just made for cuddling!
- Roland Pine Soy Candle – this candle has an amazing scent that comes from a blend of essential oils and phthalate free fragrance oils. It burns for 75 hours, perfect for keeping someone cozy all winter long!
- Styled: Secrets for Arranging Rooms, from Tabletops to Bookshelves by Emily Henderson – decorating a home can take a lot of money, but styling often takes just a few minutes. This book will help the recipient make a few tweaks that will transform their home!
- Whale of a Tale Bookends – these fun bookends are perfect for an avid reader!
- Press for Champagne Print – I love this fun print! If only it were that easy to summon a glass of champagne!
- Kate Spade New York ‘Raise a Glass’ Acrylic Ice Bucket – add a little class and fun to their bar with this cute ice bucket.
- Art All Over Statue – this gorgeous stand holds a one of a kind geode slice. It would be a beautiful addition to a living room or office.
- Furthermore the Merrier Plate Set – these pretty plates are as perfect for holding a slice of cake as they are for corralling trinkets in the bedroom.
- Beyond Chic: Great Fashion Designers at Home by Ivan Terestchenko – this beautiful book is full of interior eye candy and would make an excellent addition to someone’s coffee table.
- Exemplary Contemporary Vase Set – I love these unique vases! They’d look beautiful holding flowers or planted with succulents.
- Humans of New York Stories by Brandon Stanton – this book is full of interesting and inspirational stories, plus gorgeous photos of everyday people … the ideal coffee table book!
- Display or Stash Away Keepsake Box – this fun box is a great way of holding and displaying memories … perfect for a sentimental friend.
- Tropics Bowl – how fun is this quirky bowl? I’d fill it with candy!
- Crafty Catalogue Storage Chest – know someone who likes to collect or craft? This pretty chest is just the thing for holding their treasures.
- Bow & Drape ‘Mi Casa, Su Casa’ Pillow – I love the fun message on this pillow!
- Peaceful and Quiet Votive Candle Holder Set – these pretty candle holders look like they were collected over time.
I hope you got some good ideas!
Okay, on to the DIY Wood Slice Snowflake Coasters.
It sounds like I’m going to keep this set, doesn’t it? 😉
- 4 wood slice coasters (I purchased mine at Michaels, but these wood slices are similar.)
- snowflake template (scroll to end of post for a free printable file)
- white craft paint
- small paint brushes
Start by printing and cutting out the snowflake templates. Center the templates on the coasters and tape into place.
Trace the snowflake with a pen, pressing so it leaves an indentation on the coaster.
You could also try using a paint pen.
I packaged my DIY Wood Slice Snowflake Coaster with a red ribbon … simple, yet pretty!
P.S. Check out the other posts in this series: easy Peppermint Bark + a Foodie Gift Guide, DIY Tassel Wine Charms + Mens and Womens Gift Guides, and DIY Kids Fishing Game + Kids Gift Guide.
P.P.S. Looking for more holiday inspiration? Check out my DIY or Buy Gift Guides from last year!
- DIY Salted Caramel Sauce + Foodie Gift Guide
- DIY Kids Treasure Box + Kids Gift Guide
- DIY Personalized Notepads + Mens and Womens Gift Guides
- DIY Vintage French Map Coasters + Home Gift Guide