December is always hectic, so I like to make simple meals that don’t require a lot of standing over the stove. Of course, it has to be delicious, too!
This easy Chickpea Potato Curry is just what I’ve been craving.
Indian food is one of my top choices on a cold night. It’s warm, sometimes spicy, and always delicious!
If you’ve ever made your own Indian food though, you’ll find there’s often a long list of ingredients. I’m an adventurous cook, so sometimes I’m up for that, but not on a busy weeknight.
Plus, once all the ingredients are in the pot, you just throw on the lid and let everything simmer away. Give the curry a stir or two, and soon enough, you’ll have a delicious meal in a hurry.
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 1-inch piece ginger, minced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 heaping tbsp. garam masala
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 2 (15.5-oz.) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can fire roasted tomatoes
- cilantro for serving
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large pan with a lid.
- Add onion and cook a couple minutes, until it starts to soften and brown.
- Stir in ginger and jalapeno.
- Cook for a minute, then add garam masala, garlic, and salt.
- Stirring constantly, cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in potatoes, chickpeas, and tomatoes.
- Fill tomato can 3/4 full with water; stir into pan.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more water if curry gets too dry.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Serve over rice. Enjoy!
I’m linking up with I Heart Naptime.