There is nothing I enjoy more than hanging out in the park on a beautiful, sunny day. And now that the weather is warming up, I’m going to make the most of it!
Follow these five easy steps to enjoy your own picnic in the park.
- Make a delicious sandwich. My favorite tomato-basil sandwich is also super easy to put together. Just layer sliced tomatoes (season with salt and pepper), fresh mozzarella, and basil on good bread (I like to use focaccia or crusty french bread).
- Pick up a bottle of wine. A dry rosé is the perfect picnic wine. This 2012 Bieler Père et Fils Rosé gets good reviews, and at $12, it’s a bargain.
- Grab something sweet. Mixed berries are perfect is you want something healthy. Otherwise, you can’t go wrong with a rich, chocolate brownie. I’m definitely on team brownie!
- Find a picnic blanket. This striped water-resistent blanket would be perfect if the ground is damp, or do like I do, and grab an old quilt. Just make sure it’s big enough to stretch out on.
- Pack it all up. A picnic basket is not required, but it sure is cute! Don’t forget napkins and cups for the wine.
That’s it! Don’t waste a lot of time – get out there and enjoy the day.
How do you like to spend a lazy summer day?