This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeItAMovieNight #CollectiveBias
It’s finally gotten cold here, and that means I’m spending more evenings at home. When the temperature dips, there’s nothing my husband and I love more than cuddling up under a cozy blanket while enjoying a great movie. It’s the perfect night in.
I made this easy M&M’S® Chocolate Candies Sundae for our latest movie night, and it was a hit!
When it comes to movie night essentials, I always choose something sweet (candy), something salty (popcorn), and something to wash all these treats down with (my fave soda). Gotta love that sweet-salty combo … yum!
Of course, a great movie is essential, too. We were looking for something light-hearted and funny, so we chose Joe Dirt 2. In the movie, Joe Dirt finds himself transported to the recent past and then struggling to get home to his loved ones. It was the perfect movie for date night. I mean, how can you go wrong with David Spade rocking a mullet?
If you enjoy watching movies at home, you’ll want to check out a this great offer for a $10 Vudu coupon! All you have to do is:
- Buy all 4 participating products (Orville Redenbacher, Coca-Cola, M&M’S® Chocolate Candies, and Sony New Releases – see the link for exact products) at Walmart between 12/22/15 and 2/2/16.
- Snap a picture of your receipt and visit uploadreceipt.com/movienight to submit your receipt by 2/9/16. Tip: take a picture of this URL now, so you remember it later!
- Get a $10 Vudu movie code* by email. (*While supplies last. Limit 1 per person.)
This sundae is a chocolate lover’s dream, and it’s so simple to make. No need to miss any of the movie! I made mine with chocolate ice cream (choose your favorite flavor), chocolate and salted caramel sauces, M&M’S® Chocolate Candies (milk chocolate and peanut), whipped cream, and a cherry on top. A waffle bowl holds everything, which means no clean-up!
I picked up the candy, plus Orville Redenbacher Popcorn and Diet Coke at Walmart. Tip: I found small canisters of M&M’S® Chocolate Candies in the check out aisle … the 3.5 oz. size is perfect for movie night.
- chocolate ice cream (or your favorite flavor)
- waffle bowls
- chocolate sauce
- salted caramel sauce*
- M&M’S® Chocolate Candies (milk chocolate and peanut)
- whipped cream
- maraschino cherries
- Add two scoops of ice cream to a waffle bowl.
- Drizzle ice cream with chocolate and caramel sauces.
- Sprinkle sundaes with M&M’S® Chocolate Candies.
- Top with whipped cream and a cherry.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
*Want to make your own salted caramel sauce? Check out my easy recipe!
What are your movie night essentials?