Egg and Roasted Veggie Breakfast Sandwiches … wake up to this delicious and easy to make vegetarian breakfast recipe!
I used to have no problem getting up early, but that has changed. Now it seems like most days I have to drag myself out of bed (although I am working on it).
One thing that I’ll always wake up early for is the promise of a good meal, like these Egg and Roasted Veggie Breakfast Sandwiches.
I absolutely love a good breakfast sandwich and have been known make my husband run out to get me one. Lucky for me, he’s usually happy to do so (well, maybe after a few complaints).
The star of these Egg and Roasted Veggie Breakfast Sandwiches is the quiche-like baked eggs that are filled with roasted vegetables. And I can’t forget the gooey melted cheese and toasty bread … breakfast perfection!
Give my Egg and Roasted Veggie Breakfast Sandwiches a try. I think you’ll find they’re the perfect way to start the day!
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- non-stick cooking spray
- 6 focaccia rolls (or other thin, crusty rolls)
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place onion and pepper in a 9 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Drizzle veggies with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place veggies in oven and roast until their edges are browned, about 25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Reduce oven heat to 375 degrees.
- Crack eggs into a medium bowl, then whisk in milk, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/8 tsp. pepper.
- Stir roasted veggies into egg mixture.
- Wipe out the baking dish, then coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour egg mixture into dish.
- Bake mixture until eggs are cooked through and begin to pull away from the pan's edge, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cut baked eggs into 6 pieces.
- Split and toast focaccia rolls.
- Top each roll with baked eggs and a slice of cheese. (The cheese should melt from the heat of the eggs, but if not, pop the sandwich in the microwave for about 20 seconds.)
- Serve sandwiches immediately. Enjoy!
What is your favorite breakfast?