I was laughing with a friend recently about how magazines always include florals in their spring/summer trend roundups … like every year. I mean, can something really be called a trend if it never goes out of style?
Regardless of whether florals are on trend or not, they’re playful choice for hot summer days. If you’re looking for a different way to wear florals, try mixing them with another print.
Recently, I stumbled across a picture of Jaime King wearing a bright floral skirt with a cute striped tee. I fell in love with her outfit, and I think you will, too. Here’s how to get the look!
When it comes to mixing prints, this is a bold way to do it. Florals and stripes are both fairly graphic prints, but done right, it looks amazing.
Striped Tee Shirt: This look hinges around the perfect striped tee, so find a silhouette that works with your shape.
- Paige Denim ‘Lynnea’ Stripe Pocket Tee
- Lucky Brand Button Back Stripe Tee
- Amour Vert ‘Julita’ Tie Hem Tee
Floral Print Skirt: These vibrant floral skirts are such a cool complement to a striped tee.
- Guess High Waist Floral Pencil Skirt
- Hothouse Floral Pencil Skirt
- Ann Taylor Paisley Floral Pencil Skirt
Floral Print Shorts: If you are feeling more casual, pair your striped tee with a pair of floral shorts instead. Your outfit will be more laid back but just as striking.
- Jack by BB Dakota ‘Ives Beach Blossom’ Chiffon Shorts
- ELLE Print Chino Shorts
- MINKPINK ‘Cherry Pie’ Print Shorts
Striped Tee Alternative: Are you feeling a little shy about mixing prints? Try this “You Me Capri” shirt instead. It’s hard to see, but Jaime King’s tee has the same message!
Strappy Sandals: Pair your outfit with graphic, strappy sandals in black.
- Apt. 9 Braided Thong Wedge Sandals
- SONOMA life + style Peep-Toe Espadrille Wedge Sandals
- New York Transit Keep Fit Strappy Wedge Sandals
Retro Sunglasses: A fun pair of white, retro sunglasses are the perfect accessory!
- Kate Spade New York ‘Raelyn’ Cat Eye Sunglasses
- Le Specs ‘Easy Cowboy’ Retro Sunglasses
- BCBG Max Azria Cat Eye Sunglasses
White Bag: Finish your outfit with a white bag. Choose a top handle bag like Jaime did or pick a cross-body style for ease of wear.
- MICHAEL Michael Kors ‘Bedford’ Crossbody
- Betsey Johnson ‘Always Be Mine’ Dome Satchel
- Big Buddha Perforated Faux Leather Crossbody Bag
So, would you ever mix florals with stripes?
P.S. Check out all of my Get the Look posts!