These delicious and easy to make Greek Veggie Burgers with Cucumber Feta Sauce are filled with your favorite Mediterranean flavors. Serve them with a simple salad for a meal your whole family will love!
One of my favorite meals on a warm spring or summer day is a big Greek salad,especially when eaten at a little sidewalk cafe. Doesn’t that sound like the perfect combination?
Recently, I was craving those yummy Greek flavors, but I wanted something heartier than a salad. I love veggie burgers, so I thought, why not turn my fave salad into a burger? These Greek Veggie Burgers with Cucumber Feta Sauce are the delicious result!
These easy to make veggie burger patties are made from a quinoa-chickpea base that’s seasoned with savory onions, fragrant oregano, piquant Kalamata olives , and fresh parsely. The addition of the olives adds a ton of flavor. Even my husband, a Kalamata olive hater, thought these Greek Veggie Burgers were delish!
My favorite thing about these burgers though, is the amazing Cucumber Feta Sauce. It is so delicious, takes minutes to make (if you can stir, you can master this sauce), and it’s the perfect topping for the burgers. Yum!
Serve these Greek Veggie Burgers with Cucumber Feta Sauce with fries or a simple salad, and you’ll have a meal that anyone will love!
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 3 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 small green onions, minced (green part only)
- 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp. minced parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 (6-oz.) container Greek yogurt
- 1/2 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh dill
- 4 burger buns
- tomato slices
- Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add quinoa to water and cook until tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain quinoa well. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in a small skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion to oil and cook until tender and browned around edges, stirring frequently.
- Stir garlic, oregano, and salt into onion.
- Cook until fragrant, stirring constantly, about 30 seconds.
- Remove skillet from heat. Set aside.
- Place chickpeas in a large bowl and mash until smooth.
- Add quinoa, sauteed onions, egg, flour, green onions, kalamatas, parsley, salt, and pepper to chickpeas.
- Mix well, then divide into 4 patties.
- Heat remaining 2 tsp. olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add patties to oil and cook until browned on both sides.
- While veggie burgers are cooking, mix together cucumber, yogurt, feta, garlic, and dill.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve burgers on buns with lettuce and tomato slices. Top with Cucumber Feta Sauce. Enjoy!
Don’t you just want to take a big bite of that veggie burger? Mmm … I know I do!
P.S. If you liked the recipe for these Greek Veggie Burgers with Cucumber Feta Sauce, check out my Indian-Spiced Quinoa Chickpea Burgers , Smokey Black Bean Edamame Burgers, and Vegetarian Teriyaki Burgers, too!