How is it August already? This summer is flying by! I hope you’ve been able to enjoy it.
July was a crazy month. There was so much going on and I was sick for a week, so I’m hoping August is a little more relaxing. I’d like to get to the beach at some point, too. The Rockaways are calling my name!
A few highlights of my month:
- My DIY Bubble Wands were featured on MarthaStewart.com! To say I was excited would be an understatement!
- I went to an event for the Swash Clothing Care System. It refreshes your clothes – including wool, cashmere, and other picky fabrics – in 10 minutes. This thing is seriously cool, and I’d love one for my closet. Celeb stylist Kate Young was there and it was held at the Standard High Line, so great clothes and great views, too!
- There was lots of fun to be had hanging out with Rodney the cat. We’ll actually be cat sitting again this weekend … makes me wish I had my own pet.
- Our friends Dan and Stacey and their lovely little munchkins David and Olivia visited us, and we had a fun couple days on the water and in the parks.
- I tasted tons of awesome food at the Fancy Food Show. I’d love to go back next year!
- Yesterday, I went to a really unique event featuring wine from Moldova, which is a small country located between Romania and Ukraine. It was interesting to learn about the rich history of wine-making there, and of course, to taste the amazing wines! Moldovian wines are actually not available in the U.S. yet, but hopefully that will change soon.
- I went to a natural dyeing workshop at the Wyckoff House Museum. During the class, we harvested plants and used it to dye some yarn and fabric. I’d love to try it on my own.
I’m sure there’s more I’m forgetting, but my memory is short! Anyway, on to my favorite links:
Feeling crafty? Flamingo Toes has a roundup of 15 Quick Sewing Projects for Women, and they’re all super cute.
These 5 Ingredient Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Truffles from Minimalist Baker are made with healthy ingredients and look amazing!
Lay Baby Lay shows us How to Turn Vintage Photos Pink and the result is adorable.
This Four Layered Pavlova with Pineapple Orange Curd and Dried Pineapple Flowers from Twigg Studios is a serious showstopper. You’ve got to see it!
Did you know that ice is actually good for your face? Henry Happened has 7 Ice Cube Beauty Hacks that will make you a believer.
This Dill Dip Pull-Apart Bread from Mommy Hates Cooking will cure your strongest carb cravings. Yum!
Are your kids always complaining that they’re bored? Goedackers has a great roundup of Outdoor Activities for the Entire Year that will keep your family busy this summer and beyond!
If you’re a cheesecake love like me, don’t miss Inside BruCrew Life’s Cherry Cheesecake Brownies. Not only does she share that delicious recipe, but she rounds up a bunch of other cheesecake recipes, too! #CheesecakeHeaven
I’m in love with Classy Clutter’s DIY Wood Scalloped Wall Tutorial. Seriously cool!
This Rustic Blueberry Slab from A Sprinkle of This and That is gorgeous and easy to make. I love the unique ingredients she used, too.
Looking for a fun embellishment? Visit Hands Occupied to learn How to Make a Pom Pom.
Did you know that you can Make Hard-Boiled Eggs in the Oven (via Luv a Bargain)? Ingenious!
Do a little shopping this weekend? Here are some sales to hit up:
- Nordstrom: save big on new fall fashions during the Anniversary Sale. This is one of my favorite sales of the year, and prices go up 8/4, so don’t delay!
- Target: make your life easier and save money … score! Get $10 off your order when you spend $40 on Target.com to pick up in store (through 8/2).
- Best Buy: get a free $50 Best Buy gift card with select Beats by Dr. Dre Studio Over-the-Ear Headphones (through 8/5).
- lucy Activewear: take another 30% off sale items, plus get free shipping (through 8/4)!
- The Limited: take 50% off all full-priced items with code BIG50, plus take an extra 40% off all sale items (both valid through 8/3).
- ModCloth: save up to 70% during the So Long Summer Sale.
- Swimspot: save 25% on all regular price designer swimwear with code SUMMERSTYLE (through 8/3), plus get free shipping on any $75+ order.
- Philosophy: take 20% off site wide (a few exclusion apply) with code 20aug14 (through 8/5)!
- e.l.f. Cosmetics: take 50% off the B-Day Bestsellers collection at EyesLipsFace.com! Valid through 8/4 on orders of $25 or more with code BDAY50.
- C. Wonder: shop the BOGO Home Sale and buy 1 home item and get 1 FREE (through 8/11)! Plus, get 30% Off Over 30 Styles … love the evil eye jewelry (through 8/12)!
- Cost Plus World Market: save up to 30% all home office furniture, plus take 10% off your purchase with code SAVEBIG10.
- Sur La Table: take an extra 10% off sale and clearance (already up to 80% off!) with code EXTRA10 (ends 8/4).
- Starbucks: online exclusive … buy 3, get 1 free on Starbucks 1 pound Whole Bean and Ground Coffee with code WBB3G1 (through 8/3).
- Walmart: save big at the Summer Clearance Event (through 8/4).
- Michaels: take 20% off your entire purchase – including sale items! – with code CRAFT20 (through 8/2).
- Hancock Fabrics: shop the Fall Sale, plus get 20% off all regular price items with code ADWTW (through 8/4).
- Paper Source: planning an event? Buy more and save! Purchase 10 packs of the same card or envelope, same color – get 10% off, 25 packs – get 20% off, or get 30% off 50 packs of the same card or envelope!
- Groupon: take 20% off shoes, apparel, and jewelry with code FASHION20, plus get 20% off one local beauty and spa deal with code SPA20 (both good through 8/2).
- Living Social: Save up to $50 when you take 15% off sitewide with code 15SCHOOL (through 8/3).
Finally, let’s kick off the weekend with a libation! This Watermelon Beer Cocktail from Unusually Lovely looks like the perfect summer drink. Cheer to that!
How was your July?
P.S. Follow me on Pinterest to keep up with everything that catches my eye!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps to support the free content offered on Hello Little Home (thank you so much!).