Hello, friends! Are you as ready to start the weekend as I am?
Remember last week when I said I was going to make the World’s Best Cake for my husband’s birthday? Well, I forgot it in the oven, and although it wasn’t burned, it was definitely overcooked. So the verdict is still out on that one!
This is going to be a busy weekend for me. I’m going to be kitty-sitting again starting Monday, and I’ll only have an iPad with me. So I’m try to get a bunch of posts done ahead of time. Cross your fingers that I have a productive weekend.
I’m also going to the Fancy Food Show. It’s a trade event, but I was able to get a press pass because of my blog. I’m looking forward to learning about new foods and hopefully doing some sampling, too. I’ll definitely have more to say about this in the next week or two, so stay tuned!
I thought I’d share some of my favorite 4th of July ideas from around the web today. Enjoy!
Start the day off right with these colorful 4th of July Pancakes from Chocolate & Carrots. Bonus: they’re dye free and made with natural ingredients.
Dress up your table with Washi Tape Silverware from Artzy Creations.
Hold your newly-decorated flatware in these cute Patriotic Silverware Holders from Lil’ Luna.
Remember the Slip n Slide? Well, this American Flag Water “Blob” from Club ChicaCircle looks just as fun!
You don’t need to spend a lot of money to show your patriotism. Check out how Crystelle Boutique created an Upcycled Rustic U.S. Flag from an old snow fence.
Are you attending a parade with the kids? If so, this adorable 4th of July Parade Wagon from DIY Inspired is a must see.
Baking Beauty has a recipe for Red, White & Blue Whoopie Pies that is a must see.
Make your family matching red, white, and blue Tie-Dye T-Shirts with instructions from The Domestic Diva.
Will you be serving ice cream on the 4th? Then, you’ll want these Printable Ice Cream Cone Wrappers from Chickabug Blog.
Decorate your home with my Stars and Stripes Bunting. There’s a free printable, and it’s super easy to put together.
- Nordstrom: shop summer steals, starting at less than $25!
- Target: last chance! Buy One, Get One 50% off clothing, shoes, and accessories for women (through 6/28).
- C. Wonder: shop the Semi-Annual Big Wonder Sale and get up to 70% off!
- The Limited: has tons of sales, including buy 1 Get 1 free tops and sweaters, 40% off shorts, crops, pants, and skirts, 50% off jewelry and accessories, and more (through 6/29)!
- ModCloth: save 30% on all swimwear.
- Bauble Bar: get 50-80% off hundreds of styles during the Summer Sale (ends 6/30)!
- Alternative Apparel: take an additional 30% off sale items with code SHOPIT30 (ends 6/30).
- Dooney & Bourke: shop bestsellers, like the 1975 Signature Medium Duffle (perfect for a weekend getaway!), and get free shipping when you order $100 or more.
- Forever 21: save up to 70% on sale items!
- Swimspot: save up to 80% on designer swimwear, plus get $50 off and free shipping when you spend $125+ with code SWIMREADY (ends 7/6).
- Julep: enter the Julep NYFW $5000 Sweepstakes (ends 6/30), PLUS get a limited-edition Nautical by Nature Welcome Box when you become a maven!
- World Market: ends today! Get up to 50% off select outdoor, PLUS save up to an additional 25% off your entire purchase with code save1741 (through 6/27).
- Sur La Table: save up to 40% on the Global Cutlery Collection, plus save $100 on the Vitamix Professional Series 750 Blender and get free shipping with code SHIPFREE.
- Design Within Reach: save on specially marked items during the Cool Offers Sale. The more you buy, the more you save.
- Michaels: take 40% off any 1 regular price item with code FUNINTHESUNA (through 6/28).
- LivingSocial: take an extra 20% off with code JUNE20 (through 6/29).
Don’t forget your cocktail! This Blueberry and Chambord Patriotic Cocktail from Createlive sounds amazing. Why not making something special for the kids, too, like this Berry Sparkler from Bitz n Giggles? Cheers!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps to support the free content offered on Hello Little Home (thank you so much!).