This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #GameDayGreats #CollectiveBias
Celebrate game day with one of my favorite recipes, Layered Greek Hummus Dip!
When it comes to game day, I am all about the food! I love coming up with unique recipes to share with my guests, because there’s nothing that brings people together quite like a great game and delicious snacks!
A mouthwatering dip, like this Layered Greek Hummus Dip, has always been impossible for me to resist. My parents took my sister and I to lots of parties when we were kids. These parties were mostly attended by adults—boring!—so we usually headed straight to the food. At one of these parties, we apparently parked ourselves in front of a big bowl of dip and proceeded to polish off the whole thing uninterrupted!
Of course, dip goes well with crackers, and we loved those, too. My sister’s childhood nickname wasn’t Krissy Crackers for nothing!
My mom always kept our cupboard stocked with Wheat Thins, and I still love them, especially paired with my Layered Greek Hummus Dip. These thin, crunchy crackers are perfect for scooping up a little bit of everything this tasty dip has to offer!
Entertaining for game day doesn’t have to be difficult. This Layered Greek Hummus Dip is one of my favorite recipes, and it’s a guaranteed party hit. It’s quick to make and absolutely packed with fresh flavors (a great alternative to heavier game day fare). Simply pair my dip with Wheat Thins and enough Coca-Cola for everyone, and you have a party!
This Greek inspired dip couldn’t be easier to make, and it starts with my tried and true hummus recipe. It comes together fast, and in case you’re wondering, homemade hummus really does taste way better than the store bought stuff. I swear!
The hummus recipe only takes 5 minutes to make, so it’s definitely worth the effort. That said, if you’re in a major time pinch, feel free to use hummus from the grocery store for this Layered Greek Hummus Dip instead.
This Layered Greek Hummus Dip is so tasty that it’s hard to stop at one bite, so if you’re serving a big crowd, make sure to double the recipe.
Pair my easy Layered Greek Hummus Dip with fresh veggies, Wheat Thins, and Coca-Cola for easy game day entertaining!
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas, lightly drained
- 1/4 cup tahini
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 4 oz. feta, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/3 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp. chopped Italian parsley
- Wheat Thins
- Mince garlic in a food processor.
- Add chickpeas, tahini, and lemon juice to garlic. Puree until smooth, adding a tablespoon or two of water if mixture is too dry.
- Season to taste with salt and, if desired, additional lemon juice.
- Spread hummus on a large plate or small platter.
- Sprinkle hummus with feta, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, and parsley (in that order).
- Serve hummus with Wheat Thins (and veggies for dipping, if desired). Enjoy!
If you don't have a food processor, you can use a blender.
Make sure to check out Kroger’s website for more awesome game day ideas, then head to Kroger (find your local banner store here) for everything you need for game day, including Coca-Cola and Wheat Thins!