Do you ever find a recipe so good that you make it over and over? This One Pot Wonder Tomato Basil Pasta is one of those recipes for me. The first time I tried it, I loved it so much, that I made it again later that same week.
What I like so much about this recipe is that it’s very easy, I usually have the ingredients on hand, and most importantly, it’s super delicious. Basically, you throw all the ingredients into one pot – including the pasta – and cook everything together. It’s the perfect meal to make in summer when you don’t want to be standing over a hot stove.
The recipe is easy to customize, as well. For the pictures shown, I used fire-roasted tomatoes in place of regular diced tomatoes, and I added about a cup of olives. I didn’t have fresh basil, so I used dried. When the pasta was cooked, I tossed everything together with some feta. It was so good!
Here are some other ideas:
- Use a large package of cherry tomatoes in place of the canned tomatoes.
- Try other pasta shapes. I’ve used shells, and they worked great.
- For a puttanesca style sauce, leave out the basil and oregano and add a 1/2 cup quartered kalamata olives and 2 tbsp. capers.
- Replace the basil and oregano with dried thyme and add a can of drained and rinsed chickpeas.
- Add a jar of marinated artichoke hearts to the pot along with the other ingredients. Toward the end of the cooking process, stir in a bag of baby spinach leaves.
The possibilities are endless!
Do you think you will try this recipe?