This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VivaLaMorena #CollectiveBias
Are you looking for a fun game day recipe? Try these delicious Mini Black Bean Tostadas with Chipotle Cream!
I grew up near a town that basically shut down on game day. I kid you not … you could drive through this city of 100,000 on Sundays, and you’d only meet two or three cars max. Stores were empty, too. You just knew everyone was at home glued to their TVs, and that you were probably missing the most important part of the game!
Of course, with this much importance placed on the game, any game day food you served had to be just as amazing!
Tostadas are a favorite of mine, so I decided to give my go to recipe a twist. These Mini Black Bean Tostadas with Chipotle Cream are the result. These bite size treats are delicious and addictive … try to stop at one! They’re sure to be a hit at your next football party.
Before making this recipe, I headed to Walmart to pick up La Morena Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce and La Morena Sliced Jalapenos.
I love authentic La Morena products … their smoky, versatile chipotle peppers are my absolute fave. La Morena has been supplying U.S. cooks with the highest quality, most authentic products for over 25 years, so I know I’m getting the best.
My Mini Black Bean Tostadas recipe uses chipotle peppers two ways. First, I used a pepper (add more if you like spicy food), along with other spices, to season the black beans. The black beans are baked on the mini tostadas, along with cheese. After baking the tostadas, sprinkle them with chopped cilantro for a fresh flavor and a little color.
Then, I used the adobo sauce that the chipotle peppers are packed in for the Chipotle Cream. This delicious cream is the perfect topping for my tostadas, but I like using it in other recipes, too. Try it on a baked potato … yum!
I love spicy foods, so I topped half of the finished tostadas with La Morena Sliced Jalapenos. The jalapenos come packed with carrots, and I like serving any extra jalapenos and carrots on the side for a delicious and spicy garnish.
If you’re serving these Mini Black Bean Tostadas with Chipotle Cream for a party, prep the tostadas, beans, and cream ahead of time. Then bake the tostadas and add your toppings right before serving. It’s the perfect game day recipe!
- 7 corn tortillas
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can black beans
- 1 La Morena chipotle pepper, minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. adobo sauce (from La Morena Chipotles in Adobo Sauce)
- 1 (7-oz.) can La Morena La Morena Sliced Jalapenos
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese blend
- 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Use a small circle cutter (mine was slightly less than 2-inches) to cut 5 circles from each tortilla.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray, then add tortilla circles in a single layer.
- Bake mini tostadas for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned, flipping halfway through. Set aside.
- Drain, but do not rinse, black beans.
- Add beans to a medium sized bowl, then mash until 75% smooth.
- Stir chipotle pepper, cumin, oregano, salt, and garlic into beans.
- Combine adobo sauce and sour cream. Set aside.
- Remove a few jalapenos from the can and blot with paper towels.
- Cut jalapenos into bite sized pieces. Place remaining jalapenos in a small dish for a garnish. Set both aside.
- Top mini tostadas with black beans.
- Sprinkle tostadas with cheese.
- Bake tostadas until hot and cheese is melted, about 5 - 7 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle baked tostadas with cilantro.
- Top each tostada with a dollop of chipotle cream.
- Garnish tostadas with jalapenos, if desired. (I added jalapenos to half of my mini tostadas.)
- Serve immediately with extra jalapenos on the side. Enjoy!
Be sure to visit La Morena’s website for more delicious recipes!
Do you love serving Mexican food on game day as much as I do?