These Mini Strawberry Shortcakes are perfect for parties or anytime you’re craving something sweet! Petite and delicious, you won’t be able to stop at one of these bite-sized treats!
My mom took my sister and I berry picking every summer. We always had tons of fun, got super dirty, and probably ate more than we saved.
A lot of our berries went toward jam making, but we set aside plenty to eat, too. There is nothing better than a fresh, sweet strawberry!
Now, I will eat strawberries any way you serve them to me, but Strawberry Shortcake has always been one of my favorite desserts. It’s somehow so simple, yet so perfect, and it just screams summer.
Full of the same flavors you love from the classic, these bite-sized treats are the perfect size for all your summer parties. Plus, they’re easy to make.
The first step in this Mini Strawberry Shortcakes recipe is making the biscuits. They only take a few minutes to bake from ingredients you probably already have in your cupboard, and the finished biscuits are light and delicious.
To cut out these tiny biscuits, you will need a small round cookie or biscuit cutter. I have a vintage cutter from my mom’s kitchen that measures somewhere between 1 and 1 1/4-inches in diameter. If you don’t have a cutter that small, check out this round cutter set (affiliate link).
These delicious Mini Strawberry Shortcakes would be a hit at any summer party. Make a batch today!
- 1 cup flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp. cold, unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- about 1/2 lb. small strawberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray or lightly coat with butter.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add butter to flour mixture and pulse until combined.
- Pour milk into processor and pulse just until ingredients come together. Do not overwork.
- Transfer dough to a well floured board, turning dough to lightly coat it in flour.
- Gently pat dough into a circle about 1/2-inch thick.
- Use a 1-inch round cutter to cut out 35 circles.
- Transfer circles to the baking sheet.
- Bake biscuits about 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden on bottom.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Combine heavy cream and powdered sugar in a medium bowl.
- Using a whisk, whip cream until it can hold a peak.
- Slice strawberries.
- Top each cooled biscuit with a dollop of whip cream and a slice of strawberry.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
I am entering this recipe in the #BerryBestShortcake contest from the California Strawberry Commission … cross your fingers for me!
I am linking up with I Heart Naptime.