It’s the first Monday of April, and that means it’s time for another edition of my monthly series, Motivation Monday. For me, healthy living is all about motivation. It’s about finding the motivation to skip a second helping, go for a walk, or cook instead of order takeout . Each Motivation Monday features easy tips and a healthy recipe.
Last month, my focus was on getting enough sleep. This one was really a challenge for me, and I need to spend more time working on it. I like staying up late and have a hard time winding down at night, but I also need to get up early in the morning, so something has to give!
Instead of working on a new goal for March, I’m revisiting my previous goals. I’m also sharing a delicious recipe for a Mango Yogurt Breakfast Parfait, that is sure to get you motivated to start the day!
As part of my Motivation Monday series, I’ve worked on three goals this year. January’s goal was to eat healthier snacks, and I’ve done pretty well with this one and will be keeping it up. In February, I started developing a consistent exercise routine and set a goal to workout at least 3 times a week, which has gone well for the most part. I love going for walks, so I’m hoping that I’ll be able to get outside even more now that the weather is warmer.
In April, I’m going keep working on those goals, as well as getting enough sleep, which was March’s focus. Like I said above, I haven’t done a good job with this. So I’m starting over and rededicating myself to getting my butt into bed earlier. I’ll let you know how it went in May!
One thing that makes getting up easier is the prospect of a delicious breakfast. So today I’m sharing a delicious Mango Yogurt Breakfast Parfait.
Mangoes are one of my favorite fruits. I love the sweet, slightly exotic flavor. If you’ve never used one before, check out my video below (my YouTube premiere!). In it, I’ll show you how to peel and cut and mango the easy way.
Now that you know how to peel a mango, you’ve got to try this recipe. It’s sweet, creamy, and crunchy, not to mention healthy, and it’s the perfect thing to get you out of bed bright and early!
This Mango Yogurt Breakfast Parfait is a delicious start to your day!
- cooking spray
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 large mangoes
- 2 cups nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. honey
- 4 tsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Add oats and pecans to foil-lined baking sheet and stir to combine.
- Combine coconut oil and honey in a small saucepan.
- Place over medium heat and cook until it starts to bubble.
- Remove oil mixture from heat and drizzle over oats. Stir well to combine.
- Place baking sheet in oven and cook until granola is golden brown, about 20 - 30 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Remove peel and cut 2 of the mangoes into chunks.
- Place fruit in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add honey and yogurt to mangoes. Process until completely smooth.
- Remove peel and cut remaining 2 mangoes into chunks.
- Place a few spoonfuls of yogurt mixture in the bottom of 4 small cups.
- Cover yogurt with a layer of granola.
- Top granola with a layer of mango.
- Repeat layers and sprinkle the top of each parfait with shredded coconut. Enjoy!
Tips: Make sure to use ripe mangoes. If your mangoes are too hard, you won't be able to puree them in the food processor. You'll have leftover granola. Try stirring dried fruit or shredded coconut into the leftover granola. Instead of the pecans, use your favorite nut or a mix of nuts and/or seeds.
Have you kept any goals or resolutions this year?
P.S. Read all of my Motivation Monday posts.
P.P.S. I’m trying out ZipList for my recipes. Now, you’ll be able to print recipes easier, as well as use ZipList to save recipes and create grocery lists. Give it a try, and let me know what you think!
I’m sharing this post with these link parties, as well as The Scoop, Work It Wednesday, Creative Inspirations, Create It Thursday, Pin It Thursday, Link’n Blogs, Craft Frenzy Friday, Be.You.Tiful, Frugal Friday, I Heart Nap Time, G’Day Saturday, Saturday Sparks, Saturday Showlicious, Saturday Night Fever, and Make Bake Create.