Treat your family to this amazing Mushroom, Kale, and Cheddar Quiche … it’s the perfect recipe for Easter, brunch, or any meal!
This post contains affiliate links.
Brunch is my fave! I’ve never loved breakfast food, so I prefer the wider range of options that brunch usually offers. Plus, it’s the perfect excuse to sleep in a bit, meet up with friends, and maybe enjoy a cocktail (or two).
My husband, on the other hand, is not a fan. It’s not that he doesn’t like the food … no complaints there.
It’s the crowds. He doesn’t like to wait in lines. So either we need to go early or enjoy our brunch at home. And although I prefer to go out, sometimes it’s easier to skip the complaining (know what I mean?) and enjoy it at home, especially with delicious options like this Mushroom, Kale, and Cheddar Quiche!
Mmm … I love quiche! It’s such a flexible dish, and this Mushroom, Kale, and Cheddar Quiche is one of my go to recipes. It would be the perfect addition to your Easter table, although I definitely enjoy it year round!
This easy veggie quiche recipe is packed with my fave ingredients: tender potatoes, savory mushrooms and kale, and delicious sharp cheddar cheese. There is so much flavor here, and yet it’s so easy to make.
You’ll start by sauteing the veggies. This removes excess water and concentrates their flavor. Make sure to use a pan with a lid; you’ll need it for the kale. I used my Calphalon Wok, which I love. It’s super heavy duty and so versatile … I use it for way more than stir fries.
To keep things simple, I used a premade pie crust for my Mushroom, Kale, and Cheddar Quiche. If you’d like to make your own, try the pie crust recipe I used for my Tomato, Feta, and Basil Pie. It only takes a few minutes to make and is buttery and flaky.
This recipe is so easy, yet so delicious! And the leftovers reheat well, too … if you have any!
Make this tasty Mushroom, Kale, and Cheddar Quiche part of your next brunch, and you’ll have a dish no one will be able to resist!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small red potatoes, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 lb. sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and discarded; leaves roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove pie crust from refrigerator.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until starting to brown.
- Mix in mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until browned.
- Add garlic, red pepper flakes, and more salt and pepper (to taste). Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Stir in kale, add 1/3 cup water, cover pan, and cook until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Remove veggies from heat, adjust seasoning if necessary, and let cool.
- Mix half the cheddar cheese into the veggies.
- Place crust in pie pan and crimp edges.
- Top crust with remaining cheese, then veggies.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper; pour over veggies.
- Bake quiche until center is set and crust is golden, about 40 to 50 minutes.
- Cut the quiche into 8 wedges and serve. Enjoy!
Are you planning to serve this Mushroom, Kale, and Cheddar Quiche as part of a big meal, like Easter? Save time on the day of your party by prepping the veggies the day before, then assemble and bake the quiche as directed on the day of the event. You could also substitute your favorite veggies and cheese. The recipe is very flexible.