This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Viva® Vantage®. All opinions are my own.
This Mushroom Ricotta Open-Faced Sandwich is a delicious and easy to make recipe that mushroom lovers will go nuts for!
Do you ever get stuck in a rut? I know I do! Viva® Brand invited me to a fun event recently. I left with lots of great kitchen and entertaining ideas that I can’t wait to share with you … including a mushroom cleaning tip that that inspired me to create this delicious Mushroom Ricotta Open-Faced Sandwich!
It’s so easy to get stuck in a routine. Paper towels are one of those household items that I don’t spend lot of time thinking about. Which means that I often find myself using towels that are pretty sub par!
I got to try Viva® Vantage® paper towels at the event, and I have to say that they really were amazing compared to the ones I usually buy. They also challenged me to commit to a 7-Day Switch Up to see why more people prefer the stretchy-strength of Viva® Vantage® (a 2015 Product of the Year) over their current paper towel brand.
It was a fun morning hanging out with other bloggers, and I learned some great tips.
Keep lettuce and herbs around longer by wrapping them in a paper towel before storing in the refrigerator. The paper towel keeps produce fresh by absorbing excess moisture.
Wine lovers … don’t dilute warm white wine with ice. Instead, wrap the bottle in a damp a paper towel and pop it in the freezer to chill faster!
I loved decorating glasses with paint pens at the event. This would be such a fun activity for a girls night! The cloth-like texture of Viva® Vantage® paper towels was perfect for hand washing and drying the glasses for a sparkling finish before we started.
Thank you to Amy from Selfish Mom, our awesome host, for this fun pic!
As a mushroom lover, my favorite idea from the event was a simple mushroom cleaning tip! Mushrooms are very porous, so they absorb a lot of water when rinsed. Water-logged mushrooms won’t brown well, and who likes a soggy mushroom?
Instead of rinsing your mushrooms, clean them with a damp paper towel. Viva® Vantage® towels have great scrubbing power that will get your mushrooms clean in a snap, plus, they’re strong enough to be rinsed and reused when they get dirty.
You’ll start by sauteing mushrooms until golden and then piling them atop ricotta topped toast. The sandwiches get sprinkled with Gruyere cheese and then baked until the toppings are hot and the bread is toasted and crunchy. Yum!
Treat yourself to this mouthwatering Mushroom Ricotta Open-Faced Sandwich tonight!
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 24 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15-oz.) container ricotta
- 2 tbsp. chives, minced (divided)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 thick, rustic-style bread slices
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion to pan and saute until browned, stirring frequently.
- Stir mushrooms into pan.
- Cook, stirring often, until mushrooms are almost completely browned.
- Reduced heat to medium and allow pan to cool for a couple minutes.
- Mix garlic into mushrooms and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Remove mushrooms from heat.
- Season generously with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine ricotta with 1 tbsp. chives.
- Season ricotta mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lightly brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil.
- Place bread, oil side down, on baking sheet.
- Top each bread slice with ricotta, then mushrooms.
- Sprinkle each sandwich with Gruyere cheese.
- Bake sandwiches for about 15 minutes, or until toppings are hot and bread is browned on bottom.
- Remove sandwiches from oven, then sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp. chives.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
I hope you make my Mushroom Ricotta Open-Faced Sandwich and get to try these easy tips, too!
Are you ready to make your own 7-Day Switch Up? Visit Viva® Brand’s website for a coupon to purchase and try Viva® Vantage® for yourself!