This has been a truly crazy week. I just want to take a moment to say that my thoughts are with everyone in Boston right now.
My taxes are finally done, so I’m channeling Donna and Tom. It’s time to treat yo self!
- How cute are these Lovely Ribbon Accent Flats?!?
- I am in love with this floral pencil skirt from Loft.
- The Cupcake Contest Shoulder Bag from ModCloth is too cute! Even the name is adorable.
- Feel like really splurging? I’d spend my money on the Lady City Tote from Foley + Corinna.
- Gather some candles, dim the lights, and take a hot bath.
- Give yourself a facial. Here are 10 masks you can make at home. I’m going to try the Banana Mask.
- A mani/pedi is a must! My favorite color is OPI on Collins Avenue.
Are you doing anything to treat yourself today?
If you are anything like me, you’ll be working on your taxes this weekend. Yes, I waited until the last possible minute. Please tell me I’m not the only one!
I can’t really think of anything less pleasant or more anxiety inducing tax time, but I was determined not to stress too much this year. So I searched out some ways to get my zen on.
I have a bad habit of snacking when I’m stressed, so I was happy to learn about these 12 healthy foods that help you relax!
Have you reached your boiling point? Try one of these 10 on-the-spot relaxation techniques.
Have you heard of laugh therapy?
Sometimes a few minutes of distraction helps calm my nerves. Here’s how to make your own stress ball.
Take a hot shower or bath and wash away your troubles. Use your favorite salt or sugar scrub, or try making this DIY Lemon and Thyme Scrub.
A massage would be nice, but my pennies are going to the IRS. I’m going to save my money and try this foam roller massage instead.
Don’t have a foam roller? Try a tennis ball massage.
Before you get in bed tonight, clear your mind and let go of your problems. And try these stretches to help you sleep better tonight.
How do you relax when you are working on a stressful activity?
Trends: how do you feel about them? I generally ere more on the classic than the trendy side, but I think it’s fun to punch things up with something new every once in a while.
Here are a few of my favorite spring trends that you can incorporate into your home.
Emerald green is Pantone’s color of the year, and it is such a rich, beautiful color. Emerald green is easy to incorporate into your home, and a little goes a long way.
- I absolutely love this overdyed rug from Rugs USA. It has such great depth.
- Add a pop of color with the Ovo Table Lamp from Lamps Plus. This lamp would be perfect in a neutral living room or bedroom.
- Accessories are a great way to try out trends, and this Malachite Mini Box from Bliss Crystals will never go out of style.
Malachite can be pricey, want to try your hand at recreating it? Try this faux malachite tutorial from Little Green Notebook.
Florals are always popular in Spring and never seem to go out of style. I like my florals fairly subtle.
- I am obsessed with blue and white (wait until you see my living room), and this Boho Boutique Reversible Pillow Sham from Target is so pretty.
- My fantasy powder room would be wallpapered in this Seraphine Wallpaper. The print is so elegant and subtle. J’adore!
- If over-the-top florals aren’t your thing, this White Daisy frame from Lamps Plus is an easy way to incorporate the trend.
Brass sometimes gets a bad rap, but it can add a lot of character to a room if you choose carefully. You can find plenty of brass at a thrift or antiques store. Check out my cute brass elephant!
When it comes to brass, avoid anything too shiny and 80’s and look for pieces with a little patina.
- Add a little charm to furniture from a big box store with brass hardware.
- Nate Berkus can do no wrong in my eyes, and I love his Brass Finish Vase from Target.
- This West Elm Martini Side Table with Antique Brass finish would look great in a home with more modern or eclectic décor.
The last Spring trend I’m excited about is geometric. Geometrics can be incorporated into any style, and you can go subtle or bold.
- I love the pattern and color in this Coral Geometric Pillow Cover. So bright and cheery!
- The subtle print on this Key City Zola Chair would add interest to a neutral living room.
- Art is an easy way to try out trends, and this Geometric Abstract Print from Printwork would add a little punch to a neutral space.
What Spring trends do you plan to try out?
Happy Friday! I am so glad the weekend is finally here. I’m looking forward to hanging out with my husband and, hopefully, checking out some new parts of the city.
I took a walk in Riverside Park this week – this light was beautiful!
Here are some links that caught my eye this week.
Are you looking for a cooking project this weekend? How about these homemade English Muffins?
This Buttermilk Chocolate Chip Crumb Cake sounds delicious, too.
Are you working on your arm candy collection? This peachy pink and gold chain bracelet would be a great addition.
Feeling crafty? Why don’t you make a cute yarn ball bookmark?
How cute are these monogram earrings?
Do you know someone who could use a little appreciation? Download these free award mini notes.
Have I mentioned that we lived in San Francisco before moving to New York? I’m missing my old city a bit, and I am in love with this San Francisco Hill Houses print.
What are your plans for this weekend?