As much as I love a night out, as I’ve gotten older I enjoy spending my nights relaxing at home even more. There’s nothing better on a cool fall night (we’re going to get some of those soon, right?), than cuddling up under a blanket and watching a movie or two.
My husband and I have had quite a few movie nights lately, and what do movie nights call for? Popcorn, and lots of it!
I like to dress mine up a bit with cheese and other seasonings. My favorite combination is Parmesan Pepper Popcorn.
Thankfully, I learned how to make stove top popcorn and was able to fill my popcorn void 😉
Stove top popcorn doesn’t take a ton of effort, so whether you have a popcorn maker or not, this Parmesan Pepper Popcorn is an easy treat!
- 1/2 cup popcorn
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Pepper, to taste
- Place popcorn, olive oil, and salt in a large pot.
- Stir well. The oil needs to coat every kernel of corn.
- Cover the pot and place over medium heat.
- Shake the pot continuously back and forth over the burner. The popcorn will start popping after a few minutes. Use potholders to protect your hands from the heat.
- Continue shaking the pot until you hear about 3 - 4 seconds between pops.
- Remove pot from heat and transfer popcorn to a large serving bowl.
- Melt butter in the microwave or in a small skillet.
- Drizzle a third of the butter over the popcorn. Top with additional salt (if desired), pepper to taste, and 1/3 of the Parmesan. Mix popcorn well.
- Repeat the previous step.
- Finish by topping popcorn with remaining butter and Parmesan, plus salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
I recommend using a stock pot or dutch oven to make the popcorn. Just make sure the pot's bottom is not too thin, or your popcorn may burn.
Since I’m staying in, I like to get as cozy as possible. That usually means pajamas and slippers, plus a comfy throw to wrap up in. A few snacks and drinks are necessary, too. Swedish fish, jelly beans, and hot cocoa top my list. I love fun popcorn bowls, too, like the set above (it says “more popcorn, please!” on the inside).
As far as movies go, I love indie flicks and quirky main characters. These are the movies that I’ve watched too many times to count:
- Waitress: Such a sweet story.
- Hairspray: So fun!
- Sideways: Reminds me of California and good wine.
- Amelie: Super charming protagonist.
- Happy-Go-Lucky: I love the quirky lead!
What are your favorite movies?
I’m linking up with these link parties, as well as Much Ado About Monday, Flaunt It Friday, Fabulous Friday, Creative Inspirations, Create It Thursday, I Heart Nap Time, The Creative Collection, Best of the Weekend, Say G’Day, Saturday Sparks, Showlicious, Your Designs This Time, Lou Lou Girls, The Scoop, Inspire Me Tuesday, Tweak It Tuesday, Wine’d Down Wednesday, Create & Share, Make Bake Create, Work It Wednesday, and Be.You.Tiful.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something from one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I love, and your purchase helps to support the free content offered on Hello Little Home (thank you so much!).