This Quick Coconut Curry with Chickpeas and Spinach is a speedy, delicious weeknight meal recipe that you’re going to love!
This post contains affiliate links.
After a busy weekend, my Monday nights tend to be fairly lazy. The last thing I want to do is cook a complicated meal. I’d rather catch up on the Real Housewives or something similarly mind melting.
I’m sure you’ve been there … staring into the refrigerator and going over your meal options, but it all seems like too much work. That’s why I love this Quick Coconut Curry with Chickpeas and Spinach!
My Quick Coconut Curry with Chickpeas and Spinach is the perfect weeknight meal option, and I turn to it time and time again when I don’t feel like cooking. It’s simple, yet totally delicious. Plus, it’s super fast!
In the time it takes to prepare the rice, you can have this easy coconut curry recipe on the table. I don’t know about you, but that is my kind of weeknight meal.
The star of this mouthwatering meal is the flavorful coconut curry sauce. It starts with a mix of easy to find spices, garlic, and tomato, and it’s finished with coconut milk (the kind that comes in the can). You are going to love the creamy richness that the coconut milk adds to this easy coconut curry recipe.
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (6-oz.) package baby spinach
- 1 (14-oz.) can coconut milk
- Cooked brown or white rice
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic to pan and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Stir in spices and salt and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant (1-2 minutes).
- Add tomato to skillet and cook until tomato is slightly softened and a sauce has formed (about 5 minutes).
- Stir chickpeas, spinach, and coconut milk into tomatoes.
- Simmer until spinach is wilted and everything is heated through (about 5 minutes).
- Season to taste with additional salt, if desired.
- Serve curry over rice. Enjoy!
Customizing this Quick Coconut Curry with chickpeas and spinach to your taste is easy. Swap out the spinach for your favorite veggies (saute them in the oil before adding the garlic and spices) or make it spicier with extra cayenne or sriracha. I served it over flavorful basmati rice, but choose your favorite rice variety, or try it over pasta for something different.
However you make it, this easy coconut curry recipe is sure to become a weeknight favorite!
P.S. If you like this recipe, check out my Quick Peanut Sauce which is also made with coconut milk!
I’m linking up with I Heart Naptime.