This Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake Parfait is a delicious fall treat!
My local grocery store had a deal on apples that was too good to pass up, so I brought home three bags.
My husband eats a ton of fruit, so we’re actually going through those bags quickly. Before he ate all the apples, I wanted to make something sweet. I thought of caramel apples right away, but wanted to do something just a little different.
I did a little brainstorming and experimenting, and this Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake Parfait was the result. This is one amazing dessert! Yes, I may be biased, but my taste testers loved it, too.
I’m a salted caramel fanatic. (I even have a Pinterest board devoted to it.) It’s just so good, and the Salted Caramel Apple Sauce is the star of this dessert!
If you’ve never made homemade caramel sauce before, you’ll be surprised how easy it is. All the ingredients – along with crispy, sweet apples (I used Macoun) – are combined and simmered until the apples are tender. Don’t worry if the caramel seems thin after simmering. It will thicken as it cools.
I layered the caramel apple sauce with a rich cheesecake filling and candied pecans for a little crunch. Everything works perfectly together, making this Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake Parfait a truly decadent and delicious dessert (although I may have eaten it for breakfast, too … shh)!
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 2 large apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add pecans and stir to coat with butter.
- Saute pecans for a couple minutes, then stir in brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until brown sugar has melted and pecans are coated (about 3 - 5 minutes).
- Remove pan from heat and place pecans on a sheet of aluminum foil in a single layer .
- Let pecans cool completely, then break apart any nuts that are stuck together. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium pan over medium heat.
- Add apples to butter and saute for a couple minutes.
- Stir brown sugar, heavy cream, vanilla, and salt into apples.
- Bring to boil and then immediately reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Refrigerate sauce until completely cool.
- Combine heavy cream and powdered sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Use whisk attachment and whip cream until stiff peaks form.
- Scrape whipped cream into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Add cream cheese and vanilla to the same bowl used to whip the cream (no need to clean).
- Use the paddle attachment to mix until completely smooth.
- Slowly fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the cream cheese.
- Fold remaining whipped cream into cream cheese in 2 batches.
- Spoon 1/8 of the cheesecake mixture into the bottom of 4 small glasses or bowls.
- Top cheesecake with 1/8 of the apple sauce.
- Spread 1/8 of the pecans over the apples.
- Repeat layers one more time, ending with the pecans.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
- - If you do not have a stand mixer, cheesecake mixture can be made using a handheld mixer (or mixed by hand).
- - The salted caramel apple sauce would also be delicious served over ice cream!
P.S. If you like this Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake Parfait, I think you’ll enjoy my Layered Pumpkin Mousse, too!