Do you have a favorite drink?
I’ve always loved a good gin and tonic. It’s a simple cocktail to make, plus there’s just something so summery and refreshing about it!
Today, I’ve added a small twist to my go-to drink to create a Strawberry Mint Gin and Tonic. It’s my new summer fave!
When I lived in San Francisco, my husband and I would go see bands at a bar in the Mission. The drinks were super cheap, and the gin and tonics were blue! I’m not sure how or why, but surprise, surprise … they didn’t taste great either.
Lesson learned: cheap booze is disgusting. The gin and tonic is a simple drink, so make sure to use good quality ingredients.
This cocktail couldn’t be easier to make. Muddle together a couple strawberries, some mint, and a little sugar to sweeten up the berries. Stir in some gin and lime juice, then top off your drink with tonic water.
Treat yourself to this Strawberry Mint Gin and Tonic … it just might become your favorite summer drink!
- 2 large strawberries, stems removed and halved
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 4 small mint leaves
- 1 1/2 oz. gin
- 1 lime wedge
- 4 - 6 oz. tonic water
- Place strawberries, sugar, and mint in a mason jar or tall glass.
- Muddle to combine.
- Add gin and juice from lime to strawberries. Mix.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Pour tonic water into glass.
- Stir all ingredients together.
- Serve immediately, garnished with a strawberry, if desired. Enjoy!