This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Quaker. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #LoveMyCereal #QuakerUp
I love snacking, especially anything that combines sweet, spicy, and salty ingredients. It just hits all the right tastebuds! My new favorite is a Sweet and Salty Snack Mix … you are going to love this tasty treat!
This Sweet and Spicy Snack Mix is so simple to make, and I love that it can be eaten as everyday snack (pack a bag to get you through a long day) or served at a holiday party. Either way, this Sweet and Spicy Snack Mix will disappear before you know it!
And it couldn’t be easier to make. You simply mix together Quaker® Life cereal (affiliate link) and mini pretzels, drizzle with a spicy Asian-flavored sauce, and then stir the mixture together and bake.
The sauce is not really that spicy, but you can eliminate the sriracha if you don’t enjoy spicy foods. Personally, I like things hot and will be adding more next time!
After the cereal mixture is toasted, you’ll stir in dried fruit and nuts. I used pineapple and pistachios to complement the other flavors, but feel free to add your favorites (mango and cashews would also be delicious). Whatever you use, you are going to love the combination of sweet, salty, and spicy flavors in this delicious mix!
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own Sweet and Salty Snack Mix.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 cups Quaker® Life Cereal
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sriracha
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 (6-oz.) package sweetened dried pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups shelled pistachios
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine Quaker® Life Cereal and mini pretzels in a large bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil, soy sauce, sriracha, sesame oil, sugar, and garlic powder until combined.
- Pour olive oil mixture evenly over cereal and stir well to coat.
- Spread cereal mixture on baking sheet (in a single layer, if possible).
- Bake until toasted, about 30 - 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Cut pineapple pieces in half.
- When cereal is finished baking, remove from oven and stir in pineapple and pistachios.
- Serve immediately or store in a ziplock bag or airtight container. Enjoy!
The first time I made this Sweet and Spicy Snack Mix, I baked the pistachios with the cereal mixture (as you can see in my pictures above). The nuts got a little too toasty though, so I recommend stirring them in separately.
What are your go to snacks? I’d love to hear your ideas!