Looking for the coziest, most comforting drink ever? Then you're going to LOVE this Sweet Cinnamon Milk Tea!
This homemade Cinnamon Tea recipe couldn't be easier to make or more delicious. Grab a cup and curl up with your favorite book!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
When I was a kid, I loved to read and did it nonstop, especially over summer vacation. I could finish multiple books a week for sure.
It's been a while since I've read at that rate! Now I'm lucky to get through a book every couple months. There's still nothing better than curling up with a great book though, especially when I have a warm, cozy drink nearby ... like my favorite Sweet Cinnamon Milk Tea!
This wonderful, lightly sweetened Milk Tea recipe is the definition of comfort. It's warm and creamy with a hint of cinnamon. Not only is it delicious, but it's also quick and easy to make.
You are going to love this comforting drink. A sip is like a hug in a mug ... especially when paired with a few cookies and a great book!
This Cinnamon Tea with milk uses basic ingredients ... you probably already have everything in your pantry! Here's what you'll need:
- Cinnamon - Whole cinnamon sticks infuse this tasty tea with its signature warm flavor. In a pinch, you can use ground cinnamon, but sticks work best.
- Black Tea - A strong black tea, like English breakfast or earl grey, works great for this recipe. You can certainly experiment with green or herbal tea though. Rooibos tea would also be delish if you'd prefer a spicier flavor.
- Milk - I used 2% milk when testing this recipe. For an extra creamy drink, use whole milk. Non-dairy / vegan milks, like soy, almond, coconut, or oat milk, would also work great.
- Sweetener - This recipe calls for maple syrup, but honey works well, too.
- Vanilla - A little vanilla extract adds another layer of flavor to this tea.
You'll Also Need
In addition to the ingredients above, you'll also need a small saucepan with a lid to prepare the tea.
How to Make Cinnamon Milk Tea
Ready to try this wonderful Cinnamon Milk Tea for yourself? You'll find a detailed recipe card at the end of this post, but here's a quick overview of the steps:
- Bring water and cinnamon sticks to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add tea bags to water mixture. Cover the pot, then let the tea steep for seven minutes.
- Stir in maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Mix in milk. While the tea steeps, heat the milk in your microwave or in another saucepan. Then, when the tea is ready, stir in the hot milk.
Isn't it amazing how few simple ingredients turn plain tea into a delicious treat? Grab your favorite book and start relaxing!
Cinnamon Tea Variations
This Cinnamon Stick Tea recipe is super simple to customize! Here are some easy ideas to inspire you:
- Tea - The recipe calls for black tea, but you can use green or herbal teas, too. Spicy rooibos tea would also be delicious.
- Honey - Don't have maple syrup? Swap in honey instead.
- Sweeter / Less Sweet - This tea is mildly sweet. If you prefer a sweeter drink, simply add more maple syrup. For a less sweet drink, cut down on the maple syrup or leave it out altogether.
- Sugar Free - A few readers have made this recipe using sugar alternatives, like Stevia, with great results.
- Spicier - Like your tea a little spicy? Add a few slices of fresh ginger, or other spices like cardamom, nutmeg, and cloves, while you steep the tea.
- Latte - Turn this simple drink into a latte by frothing the milk before you add it to the tea.
If you loved this cozy drink, make sure to try some of my other tea and coffee recipes:
- Chai Concentrate - Use this delicious, homemade syrup to make your fave Chai Lattes (and Dirty Chai Lattes) in minutes!
- Homemade Hot Chocolate - So delicious and so easy to make from scratch.
- Pumpkin Spice Steamer - Another cozy drink ... tastes like a pumpkin hot chocolate!
- Iced Green Tea with Coconut Milk - Your fave iced tea made with coconut milk instead of water.
- Iced Ginger Melon Green Tea - This unique drink blends tea and melon for a tasty seasonal treat.
- Iced Peach Green Tea - The perfect drink for a hot day, especially in peach season.
- Berry Green Tea Smoothie - A super refreshing smoothie made with tea and fresh berries.
Sweet Cinnamon Milk Tea
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 black tea bags
- 1 ½ cups milk (I used 2%.)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine 2 cups water and cinnamon sticks in a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove water from heat, then add tea bags. Cover pot and let tea steep for 7 minutes.
- While tea is steeping, heat milk in microwave or another saucepan until warm. Set aside.
- When 7 minutes has passed, remove tea bags and cinnamon sticks from saucepan.
- Stir in maple syrup and vanilla extract. Then add milk.
- Divide tea between 2 cups and serve immediately. Enjoy!