There really is nothing more relaxing than a good book and a cup of this delicious Sweet Cinnamon Milk Tea!
When I was a kid, I would read nonstop, especially over summer vacation. I could finish multiple books a week for sure.
It’s been a while since I’ve read at that rate! Now I’m lucky to get through a book every couple months. So I was really excited to try the NOOK GlowLight Plus, Barnes & Noble’s newest eReader.
Of course, I had to channel my youth, so I immediately start reading Judy Blume’s latest book, In the Unlikely Event … just one of more than 4 million books, magazines and newspapers available!
My favorite thing about the new NOOK? The small size and light weight. Featuring NOOK’s slimmest design ever, the NOOK GlowLight Plus is light enough to carry in my purse, making it perfect for subway reading.
Another feature I love is the sleek, seamless design and aluminum body that makes the new NOOK as beautiful as it is durable. Perfect for someone like me who has a tendency to drop things!
I’ve been sneaking in a few pages whenever I have a minute. The built-in ambient light makes reading equally as pleasurable in light or dark, rain or shine. I’ve been reading in bed more (no bright light to disturb my sleeping husband), and I can’t wait to tuck it into my beach bag next summer!
The new NOOK GlowLight Plus is also waterproof and dust-proof for worry-free reading anywhere, so of course, I had try it out in the kitchen. I love trying new cookbooks, so I downloaded The Gourmet Vegetarian Slow Cooker and got to work on a new recipe!
Relax with a cup of this Sweet Cinnamon Milk Tea and your favorite book!
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 black tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used 2%.)
- 3 tsp. maple syrup, honey, or other sweetener
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Combine 2 cups water and cinnamon sticks in a small saucepan.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Remove water from heat and add tea bags.
- Cover pot and let tea bags steep 7 minutes.
- While tea is steeping, heat milk in a microwave or a saucepan until warm. Set aside.
- When 7 minutes has passed, remove tea bags and cinnamon sticks from saucepan.
- Stir in maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Mix milk into tea.
- Divide tea between 2 cups.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
P.S. Isn’t my cutest mug? I get so many questions about it! I bought it years ago from Starbucks, and I kind of live in fear it will break … ha ha. This Cable Knit Coffee Mug is similar.