These Baked Black Bean Taquitos with Avocado Cream are the perfect party appetizer … or enjoy a few for a tasty Mexican meal!
Cinco de Mayo
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Constellation Brands. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #CervezaCelebration #CollectiveBias
This easy Beergaritas recipe is a refreshing, delicious combination of your two favorite party drinks: beer and margaritas. Make a pitcher for your next fiesta!
Have a craving for delicious Mexican food? These Veggie Stuffed Chiles Rellenos with Avocado Cream are sure to hit the spot!
If there is one cuisine I can never get enough of, it’s Mexican. Are you with me?
With Cinco de Mayo just around the corner, I couldn’t resist sharing one of my favorite Mexican recipes. I love using lots of veggies in my cooking, and these Garlicky Mushroom and Spinach Quesadillas are no exception!
There is something about food that you eat with your hands that is so satisfying. From burritos to burgers (veggie, please) to pizza, I love these casual, slightly messy foods!
These Bean and Cheese Tostadas are no exception. They’re crispy, cheesy, and all around delicious. Plus, everyone gets to add their favorite toppings, including a spicy Roasted Tomatillo Salsa, which makes them perfect for a party … Cinco de Mayo, anyone?
You don’t need to wait for a special occasion to serve these tostadas though. They’re easy enough to make any night of the week, and are perfect for those days you need a little Mexican pick-me-up (margaritas are optional)!
If you’ve never cooked with tomatillos or made your own salsa before, this is a great recipe to start with. You can find the ingredients in any grocery store, it’s easy to make, and the bold flavor will impress anyone you serve it to.
- non-stick cooking spray
- 4 medium tomatillos
- 1 poblano pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 15 oz. cans pinto beans
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 3 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 3 large green onions
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 4 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat a medium baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place tomatillos, poblano pepper, and garlic cloves (with peel) on pan.
- Peel and roughly chop onion. Add to pan.
- Drizzle vegetables with olive oil.
- Place pan in oven and roast until veggies start to blacken, about 20 - 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove veggies from oven. Place poblano pepper in a resealable plastic bag and set remaining vegetables aside to cool.
- When poblano is cool, take it out of the bag. Remove the stem, seeds, and as much of the peel as possible.
- Place the poblano, tomatillos, onion, and any liquids in a food processor. Remove peel from garlic and add it, as well.
- Pulse vegetables until you have a chunky salsa. Season generously to taste with salt. Set aside.
- Drain beans (do not rinse) and place in a medium bowl.
- Add cumin, oregano, chili powder, and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Mash about 3/4 of the beans with a spoon. Add a little water if they're too dry. Set aside.
- Place corn tortillas on a baking sheet in a single layer. Put in oven and cook for 3 - 5 minutes on each side, or until crisp.
- Cool tortillas on a wire rack.
- While tortillas are cooking, prepare toppings: quarter grape tomatoes and olives; shred lettuce; thinly slice green onions (green part only); and chop cilantro.
- Spread beans over baked tortillas and top with shredded cheese. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake tostadas until hot, about 5 - 10 minutes.
- Serve hot, along with salsa and other toppings.
Are you a fan of messy foods, too, or are you strictly fork and knife?
I’m linking up with these link parties, as well as Much Ado About Monday, Tasty Tuesdays, The Scoop, The Yuck Stops Here, Wine’d Down Wednesday, Create & Share, Make Bake Create, Work It Wednesday, Creative Inspirations, Create It Thursday, Pin It Thursday, Link’n Blogs, Flaunt It Friday, Craft Frenzy Friday, Inspire Me Please, Fridays Unfolded, Frugal Friday, Link Party Palooza, Say G’Day Saturday, Best of the Weekend, Show Stopper Saturday, Saturday Night Fever, Link It or Lump It, and Inspire Me Monday.