Upgrade your BBQ with this flavor-packed Greek Coleslaw with Feta and Lemon!
Sweet, spicy, and delicious, these Korean BBQ Tofu Tacos are seriously crave worthy, plus they’re super easy to make!
My sweet, spicy, and totally delicious Korean BBQ Tofu Sliders with Kimchi Slaw are sure to be the star of all your summer festivities.
The heat and humidity have officially settled in here, and I’ll pretty much do anything to avoid standing over a hot stove. Which means that I’m continually on the hunt for no cook summer recipes.
One thing I always love eating in summer is a delicious sandwich. They’re so easy to throw together, and you can really get creative with ingredients. After making my Chinese Chopped Salad last week, I had some leftover ingredients that I decided to turn into a sandwich.
The result is this Mexican Black Bean Wrap with Avocado and Tri-Color Slaw.
This Mexican Black Bean Wrap is filled with delicious mashed beans and avocado (no cheese necessary). I used those leftover ingredients to create a super tasty tri-color slaw. The crunchy slaw pairs perfectly with the creamy beans and avocado, and a tortilla holds everything together.
Try this recipe during your next heat wave or sooner!
- 1/4 small cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/8 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 avocado
- 4 large tortillas
- Combine cabbage, carrots, red pepper, and cilantro in a medium bowl. Toss lightly.
- Cut lime in half. Slice one-half into four wedges. Set aside.
- Juice the other lime half. Add the juice to the vegetables, along with the olive oil, cumin, and salt.
- Mix slaw well. Set aside.
- Drain black beans lightly but do not rinse. Place them in a medium bowl.
- Add cumin, chili powder, and salt to the black beans. Using a potato masher, mash the beans and spices together until the beans are about 3/4 smashed.
- Stir beans well. Taste and add additional salt, if necessary. Set aside.
- Cut avocado in half and remove pit.
- Use a spoon to remove avocado from peel and then slice about 1/4-inch thick.
- Place one tortilla on a flat surface. Spread center of tortilla with 1/4 of the black beans.
- Top beans with 1/4 of the sliced avocado.
- Spoon 1/4 of the slaw over the avocado.
- Fold up tortilla like a burrito.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make four wraps.
- Serve wraps with lime wedges. Enjoy!
If your tortillas are stiff, microwave them for 15 seconds before assembling your wraps.
I’m linking up with these link parties, as well as Much Ado About Monday, Inspiration Monday, Inspire Me Tuesday, Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday, The Scoop, Tweak It Tuesday, Lou Lou Girls, Take-A-Look Tuesday, Brag About It, Wine’d Down Wednesday, Your Whims Wednesday, Make Bake Create, I Heart Nap Time, Eat. Create. Party!, Creative Inspirations, Create It Thursday, Inspiration2, Flaunt It Friday, Creative Collection, Best of the Weekend, Fridays Unfolded, Family Fun Friday, Fabulous Friday, Frugal Friday, The Party Bunch, Plant Based Potluck, and Your Designs This Time.