Treat yourself to these yummy Mini Cherry Tarts … a simple recipe straight from my mother’s cookbook!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #RMPSNewLook #CollectiveBias
Pair these Mini Cheese Tarts with Pan Roasted Mushrooms with your favorite wine for a relaxed date night at home!
My birthday is this Saturday. To celebrate, I’ve come up with some fun ideas for you!
I love all things French and Parisian. My husband and I took a trip to Paris a couple years ago, and I’ve been obsessed ever since. Unfortunately, I don’t have any immediate plans to return ( a girl can dream though), so I decided to bring a little France to my home and created a French birthday theme.
Today, I’m sharing an easy croquembouche recipe, plus some easy French themed food ideas. Make sure to check out my French themed decorating ideas and party printables, too!
My husband and I enjoy exploring new neighborhoods on the weekends, and by explore, I mean walk around and eat a lot of food.
A few weeks ago, we spent an afternoon walking around Bay Ridge. It’s a somewhat remote neighborhood in Brooklyn that’s only served by one subway line. We weren’t sure what to expect, but we really loved it.
There were so many delicious looking restaurants – everything from Middle Eastern to Greek to Italian – that I’m already plotting my return. Of course, we had to check out a couple places. One of our stops was Paneantico Bakery, where the displays cases were filled with beautiful pastries. I had an amazing berry cream tart that I couldn’t wait to recreate once I got home.
You are going to love these Berry Cream Tarts! I started by baking almond-scented shortbread cookies with a cute scalloped edge. The cookies are topped with a generous dollop of rich cream filling that tastes just like cheesecake! I finished the tarts by piling on the sweet berries.
These tarts would be perfect for a Mother’s Day brunch or anytime you feel like a sweet treat!
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 lb. strawberries
- 12 oz. blackberries
- 12 oz. raspberries
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter, granulated sugar, and almond extract in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix until butter is light and creamy.
- Add flour to butter mixture. Mix just until dough comes together.
- Lightly flour a large cutting board. Place dough on board.
- Using a rolling pin, gently roll out dough until it's about 1/4-inch thick.
- With a 3-inch fluted cookie cutter, cut out 10 cookies.
- Place cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet and, prick each cookie a few times with a fork.
- Bake cookies just until the edges start to turn golden brown, about 20 - 25 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Remove cookies from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Pour heavy cream into the bowl of a stand mixer and, with the whisk attachment, beat until stiff peaks form.
- Remove cream from bowl and set aside.
- Add cream cheese and powdered sugar to mixing bowl, and with the paddle attachment, mix until completely smooth.
- Using a spatula, gently fold 1/3 of heavy cream into cream cheese until well combined. Repeat 2 more times with remaining heavy cream. Set mixture aside.
- Hull strawberries and cut into thirds vertically.
- Slice blackberries in half vertically, if very large.
- Top each cookie with 3 - 4 strawberry slices, placing them around the edges.
- Cover strawberries with a 1/10th of the cream mixture, and then press additional strawberries into cream (in between the other berries).
- Top each tart with a blackberry or raspberry, and then fill in the sides with additional blackberries and raspberries.
Have you ever tried something so delicious that you couldn’t wait to recreate it at home?
I’m linking up with these link parties, as well as Much Ado About Monday, Take-A-Look Tuesday, Inspire Me Tuesday, Tasty Tuesdays, Awesome Things Tuesday, The Makers, The Yuck Stops Here, Create & Share, Wine’d Down Wednesday, Make Bake Create, Your Whims Wednesday, Work It Wednesday, Create It Thursday, Creative Inspirations, Pin It Thursday, Link’n Blogs, Craft Frenzy Friday, Be.You.Tiful, Frugal Friday, Link Party Palooza, Best of the Weekend, Say G’Day Saturday, Saturday Sparks, Show-licious, Show Stopper Saturday, Saturday Night Fever, Link It or Lump It, and The Scoop.