This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TeamPizza #CollectiveBias #cbias
Is there anything better than pizza on game day? Only if it’s paired with the Ultimate Chopped Salad with Easy Lemon Vinaigrette!
You guys … this salad is so amazing! I’m not a fan of wimpy, boring salads covered in tasteless dressings. There are way too many other delicious foods to eat, am I right?
My go-to salad is chopped and chock full of tasty ingredients. And that’s exactly what this salad is. I’m calling mine the Ultimate Chopped Salad, because it is that good!
A tangy lemon vinaigrette brings all the flavors together. If you’ve never made your own vinaigrette, this easy lemon vinaigrette is a good starting point. It’s so simple to make—just whisk together a few ingredients—and tastes a million times better than the bottled stuff.
Crunchy fried shallots are the finishing touch … yum!
If you’re looking for the perfect game day recipe, the Ultimate Chopped Salad with easy Lemon Vinaigrette is it. Entertaining for a big game doesn’t have to be difficult or time consuming. I like to make something from scratch, like this salad, and serve it with my favorite convenience foods, like frozen pizza and pie! It’s an easy way to save time in the kitchen without sacrificing great taste!
If you’re entertaining a crowd on game day, simply pick up a few Red Baron pizzas in a variety of flavors, and you’ll have something to make everyone happy!
I found everything I needed for my game day meal, including Red Baron pizza and a Mrs. Smith’s Cherry Pie, at Walmart.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup + 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, very thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 2 green onions
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp. capers
- 2 oz. blue cheese
- small handful of basil leaves
- Whisk together lemon juice, garlic, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly add olive oil, continuing to whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- Separate the shallots into rings using your fingers.
- Place shallots in a medium bowl, then sprinkle with cornstarch.
- Toss the shallots with the cornstarch to coat.
- Head 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallots to the skillet in a single layer.
- Cook shallots until browned on both sides, turning occasionally (a pair of tongs works well for this).
- Transfer shallots to a paper towel lined plate, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- While the shallots are cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients and place in a large bowl: chop romaine; thinly slice green onions; halve or quarter grape tomatoes (depending on size); peel and seed, then quarter and slice cucumber; pit and quarter kalamata olives; roughly chop capers; crumble blue cheese; and chop basil.
- Drizzle salad with enough vinaigrette to coat it (you may have a little vinaigrette left over), then gently toss salad to combine.
- Serve salad immediately, topped with shallots. Enjoy!
Have fun with this recipe and feel free to customize it with your favorite ingredients. Artichoke hearts, nuts, different cheeses (feta … mmm!), radishes, and red peppers (to name a few) would all be delicious!
You’ll need to cook this pie before serving it. I recommend baking it an hour or two before your guests arrive. Your home will smell amazing, and everyone will be ready to dig into your easy game day feast the minute they arrive. Don’t forget the whipped cream and ice cream!
Make sure to visit Red Baron’s Tailgate at Your Place Website for a chance to win $100,000 in prizes!
What is your favorite game day recipe?