Know someone who loves crafting? This carefully curated crafter’s gift guide is full of craft tools and supplies they’ll love!
This post contains affiliate links.
I have been a crafter my whole life. It’s definitely due to my mom’s influence. She taught me how to knit, sew, and so much more.
Crafters are a unique crew! When it comes to buying gifts for someone who enjoys crafting, it can be confusing, especially if you’re not a crafter yourself. Have no fear, I’ve rounded up my favorite ideas in the ultimate crafter’s gift guide!
- Silhouette Cameo: The Silhouette is an electronic cutting machine that hooks up to your computer. It is pretty much any crafter’s dream tool, and the possibilities of what it can be used for (it will cut everything from banners to complex shapes and lettering) are practically endless. You can purchase the Silhouette on it’s own or in a starter kit that comes with vinyl and other tools.
- Fujifilm INSTAX Mini Camera: This cute mini camera is an awesome gift for a photography lover! It comes in a bunch of fun colors, and it’s perfect for taking mini pics at parties, for use in scrapbooking, and more.
- Martha Stewart’s Encyclopedia of Crafts: The ultimate craft manual from the queen of crafting has tutorials for everything from botanical pressing and decoupage to rubber stamping and wreaths. It’s a wonderful resource for any crafter, especially beginners.
- Art Alternatives Pocket Watercolor Set: Watercolor is having a moment and this set is easy to use and full of beautiful colors. Pair it with an Aquash Water Brush, so your fave crafter can get started painting immediately.
- Craftsy Class: Have you heard of Craftsy? They teach classes online through really high quality video lesson taught by professionals. I’ve take a few classes and have loved them. Give a gift card, and the recipient can choose from classes in quiliting, sewing, knitting, painting, photography, cooking, and more!
- Sakura Gelly Roll 64 Piece Set: I’m a big fan of Sakura pens, and this massive set has every current color and style in their range. Receiving this would kind of be like hitting the jackpot! This set is not cheap, so if your budget is smaller check out Sakura’s Classic Set or their Moonlight Set (my fave). I also love these gorgeous Yummy Yummy Scented Glitter Gel Pens.
- Brother Sewing Machine: Is your fave crafter dying for their very own sewing machine? This one is jam-packed with easy to use features, plus it’s the #1 best seller on Amazon! It would be the perfect starter machine for anyone learning to sew.
- Adventures in Lettering: Hand lettering is insanely popular right now, and this unique book by popular blogger Dawn Nicole Warner is a fun place to start! I also love the book Creative Lettering and Beyond, and for budding chalkboard artists, The Complete Book of Chalk Lettering. Pair the book with set of quality pens, such as Tombow Dual Brush Pen Art Markers in Primary or Brights.
- Evolution Die Cutting/Embossing Machine: This machine if seriously amazing! It can be used to cut out shapes or emboss paper, and it would make anyone who likes creating their own cards so happy! You don’t need a computer to use it (unlike the Silhouette), and there is a separate Letterpress Platform, which is also awesome.
- Martha Stewart Craft Paint Set: This set of 18 beautiful, versatile paint colors would be a wonderful addition to any crafter’s tool box!
- Embossing Heat Tool: Heat embossing is my all-time favorite crafting technique. It’s an easy way to create a beautiful raised image on paper and other surface (watch my quick heat embossing video an overview of how it works. All you need to get started is a heat tool (a hair dryer will NOT work), a VersaMark Stamp Pad, embossing powder (start with gold; it goes with everything), and a stamp. If you want to add on, I also love using a Quickie Glue Pen for writing and the VersaMarker Pen for drawing.
- Prismacolor Colored Pencils: These are the BEST colored pencils, and with 72 colors in this set, there is a shade for every project! The pencils are perfect for drawing or for using with adult coloring books (they blend and shade beautifully and have gorgeous saturated colors. Check out this post for all my adult coloring book recommendations.
Stocking Stuffers Under $10!
- Glitter Set: Every crafter loves glitter, and this mini set has four beautiful colors!
- Washi Tape: Washi tape is such a fun and easy to use crafting tool, and it comes in a bajillion colors and patterns. I especially like MT Tape, and this cute gift box set would make a great stocking stuffer.
- Xyron Sticker Maker: Turn pretty much anything into a sticker with this awesome and easy to use machine! It’s definitely one of my fave crafting tools. The larger (and more expensive) Xyron Creative Station is also fun and useful for card making and adhering larger items.
- Origami Paper: A pack of origami paper is perfect for anyone who’s interested in this fun folding art. This colorful pack comes with 40 colors and 120 sheets … add this affordable Easy Origami book, too.
- Bone Folder: an indispensable crafting tool that has so many uses, from collaging to creating sharp folds to bookbinding. (not shown)
- Scissors: It may seem silly to give a pair of scissors, but a good pair of scissors is necessary for pretty much any craft project. I like this Scotch pair. These Fiskars Decorative Edge Scissors (a set of six that’s a little over the $10 stocking stuffer limit) make a great gift, too. (not shown)
- Stamp Making Kit: Know someone who loves stamping? This easy to use kit has everything they need to create their own custom stamps! (not shown)
I hope my crafter’s gift guide has inspired you!
What’s your favorite crafting tool?
P.S. Get more gift ideas here!
I’m linking up with I Heart Naptime.