There is nothing quite like summer produce. Sure, fresh veggies are available year round, but they’re at their peak of flavor right now!
This Tomato Avocado Sandwich with Creamy Yogurt Dressing takes full advantage of delicious summer vegetables. Plus, there’s no cooking required … perfect for a hot summer day!
When I was a kid, my mom always maintained a large garden. We ate out of that garden – beans, tomatoes, and corn were staples – all summer long.
My sister and I each had our own patch, too. I won’t lie, mine was usually overtaken with weeds by the middle of summer. The thought of that weedy patch still makes me smile!
The star of this sandwich is the Creamy Yogurt Dressing. I started with thick, creamy Chobani yogurt. Then I added lots of flavor with fresh garlic and basil, plus sriracha for a little kick.
Simply spread the yogurt dressing on whole wheat bread, add some tomatoes and avocado, and your sandwich is ready to savor. How easy is that?
- 1 (5.3-oz.) container Chobani plain Greek yogurt
- 4 large basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp. sriracha
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 avocados, pitted and sliced
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- Mix together yogurt, basil, garlic, and sriracha.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread bread slices with yogurt dressing.
- Top with sliced tomatoes, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place avocado over tomatoes.
- Cover avocado with a bread slice.
- Serve sandwiches immediately. Enjoy!
Make sure to check out Chobani for more healthy Greek yogurt recipes!
What is your favorite summer sandwich?