This decadent White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie Cake is the perfect birthday treat, or serve it for any special occasion!
This post contains affiliate links.
I was obsessed with cookie cakes when I was a kid … you know, the kind you see at the mall.
They looks so delicious and so huge. What could have been better than a giant cookie to celebrate my birthday?
Well, for some reason I never got one. Apparently, I was very deprived as a child (ha). But all of that is changing, because I made this amazing White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cake for my birthday this year, and it was so worth the wait!
I prepared this White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie Cake for my pink and gold birthday party, and it was a hit. My mother-in-law came back for seconds, and so did I (or maybe that was thirds). What can I say, it’s hard to go wrong with giant cookie!
If you’ve ever wondered how to make a giant cookie, this is the recipe for you! It features simple, delicious ingredients and a straightforward method. This recipe couldn’t be easier to prepare.
This White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie recipe starts with a rich, flavorful dough. It’s actually an adaptation of my Chewy White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies, another recipe that I love.
I simply subbed macadamia nuts for the cranberries, and I added a little cornstarch for an extra tender texture. Another unique feature of this cookie dough is the high proportion of brown sugar to white sugar. The extra brown sugar makes the finished cookie cake extra chewy, plus it adds a lovely golden color and deep, caramel flavor. Yum!
Once the dough is ready, you’ll lightly press it into a 10-inch springform pan. In a pinch, you could use a deep dish pie pan, but I prefer using a springform pan. The sides of your cookie cake will be straight, plus the outer ring removes for easy serving.
I baked my giant cookie for about 35 minutes. Basically, you want to bake your cookie cake it until it’s golden brown (it will be darker on the edges) and set in the middle. Test it with a toothpick. It should take about 30 to 40 minutes, depending on your oven.
Once you’ve baked your White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie Cake, it’s time to eat! I prefer to serve this cookie cake warm (so ooey, gooey delicious) and topped with fresh whipped cream (use a large star tip to get those pretty swirls). Although it would be yummy decorated with my white chocolate cream cheese frosting, too.
Just remember that if your cake is warm, the whipped cream or frosting will melt. So if you want to show off a decorated cookie cake, like in my pics, allow it to cool completely before decorating it.
So what are you waiting for? Stop depriving yourself from the joy of a giant cookie, and make this White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie Cake ASAP … you won’t be sorry!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 12 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temp
- 3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- whipped cream or white chocolate cream cheese frosting, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 10-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Blend in vanilla, salt, and egg until smooth.
- Add flour, cornstarch, and baking powder; mix well.
- Mix in chocolate and nuts just until combined.
- Press mixture into bottom of springform pan.
- Bake until lightly browned and set in middle, about 30 to 40 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack, then remove outer ring from pan.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, topped with fresh whipped cream or white chocolate cream cheese frosting (optional). Enjoy!
Not a fan of white chocolate? Sub your favorite milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chunks) for the white chocolate in this recipe. You could also replace the macadamia nuts with something else … pecans and walnuts would both be super tasty.
Now that you know how to make a giant cookie, have fun experimenting with the ingredients. However you make this White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie Cake, it’s sure to be a recipe that your whole family will love!