Check out my plans for an affordable and fun Mini Bathroom Makeover!
This post contains affiliate links.
After making over my fireplace, I started looking around my apartment for other spaces that could benefit from a few small changes.
And I decided that my bathroom was next on my to do list.
I haven't really done much with this bathroom. Before moving into the apartment (before even seeing the apartment, actually), I ordered everything I needed online. And to be honest, it's okay, but it really doesn't all go together that well.
So I'm thinking a few small changes will make a big difference. You can see the before pics above!
Mini Bathroom Makeover
My bathroom is so teeny tiny that there really is no way to take a picture of the whole space at once, hence the collage.
There are a few areas that I'd like to focus the makeover on:
- Shower Curtain and Rings. I like my shower curtain, but not really for my bathroom ... if you know what I mean. This is one of the items I ordered online, and it will probably stay for now. The shower rings need some serious TLC though. If you look closely, you can see that the white center is missing from the right ring. I think each one of these white plastic discs has popped off at some point, and I just keep gluing them back on. Annoying!
- Art. I love the prints that are already hanging. My husband and I bought them at the Alameda Flea Market in California, and they remind me of San Francisco. I'd like to hang some additional art.
- Storage. The wire racks with all my beauty products are handy but could use a little organization (they're also kind of ugly). And I didn't include a picture, but the medicine cabinet and area under the sink also need some reorganization.
- Towel Bar. Our bath towels hang on the back of the bathroom door (not shown), which is really convenient. The other towel bar in the bathroom drives me crazy though! It's in an awkward position right above the toilet, so anything I set there is covered by the towel. Also, it's too big for a single hand towel.
- Soap Dispenser. Oops, I forgot to include a picture of the current one. Like the shower curtain, it was bought online before our move. It has a pattern and is not quite white. I'd like something simpler.
- Lightbulbs. I need to stock up on these before I can't buy them anymore!
Bathroom Makeover Plans
OK, now that I covered the problem areas, here's what I have in mind to improve the space:
- Add more art. I'll keep the existing art and hang a few more pieces, too (to be determined after I search my collection).
- Organize the "stuff" sitting on top of the toilet. I'll probably get rid of the small wire dress form, and I'd like to get a tissue box cover. I love this tissue box cover, although the one I get will probably be much less fancy. Another bath canister would be helpful for for storing hair accessories. Finally, I'd love to get a small tray to corral everything. This bamboo bath tray from West Elm is a steal (bonus!).
- Get new shower curtain rings. I'll keep the current shower curtain for now, but I'll replace the rings. I love the clean look of these shower curtain hooks from Home Classics.
- Line wire baskets. Those wire racks I showed above are literally painted to the wall, so it would cause more problems than it's worth to remove them. Instead, I'll sew some simple basket liners. I like the look of these lined wire baskets from World Market, so hopefully I can create something similar!
- Find a new towel rack. I'll replace the towel bar above the toilet with a smaller one that's hung higher on the wall. I like the round shape of this Delta Crestfield Towel Rack
- Replace the existing soap dispenser. This simple white ceramic soap dispenser is perfect.
- Keep the current bath mat. It's from West Elm, and I love it.
- Reorganize the medicine cabinet and under sink storage. I need to go through these areas, get rid of stuff we aren't using, and organize what's left.
I'm planning to work on this mini-makeover during the next month or so. I'll let you know when it's camera-ready!
P.S. If you're curious, check out my complete NYC Apartment Tour. And make sure to check out the Easy Bathroom Refresh I gave my Dallas apartment, too!
Crazy what a few small changes can do for a space. I love your plan. It is going to freshen up the space for sure and I can't wait to see how it turns out! Thanks for linking up at The Makers!
Thanks, Corey! I'm definitely trying to get a lot of bang for a little budget;) Thanks for stopping by!
Love your idea board, great choices. Can't wait to see it all done. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty
Thanks, Marty! I'm going to start working on it next week ... hoping all goes well;)
Your mood board caught my eye over at TTJ's link party. I love the inspiration. I just put some shelves in my bathroom to help with organization. I love those baskets you have picked out!
Thanks, Chelsea! The bathroom is so hard to keep organized - wish me luck:)
It's the littlest thing that can make the biggest difference when decorating! These are good ideas. Thanks for sharing!
I agree, Jodee. Thanks for stopping by:)
I like the storage baskets you picked out! Looking forward to seeing the mini-makeover results 🙂
Thanks, Gracielle! I'm hoping it all comes together relatively easily:)
Yay! I can't wait to see your bathroom makeover. The stuff you've picked looks great together.
Thanks, Alison! I'm hoping a few little changes pull everything together.