This Brie and Apple Sandwich is the ultimate picnic food! Enjoy it outdoors or anytime you need a summery pick me up!
This post contains affiliate links.
This snowy winter weather has been getting me down lately. It’s just so cold.
Now that March is here, I’m eagerly awaiting any and all signs of spring. I’ve been looking forward to long, leisurely walks through my favorite neighborhoods and relaxing picnics in Central Park.
Both of these activities are probably a long way off, but that hasn’t stopped me from dreaming!
In the meantime, I’ve been satisfying my picnic daydreams with some fresh and easy recipes. This delicious cold Brie and Apple Sandwich is the perfect treat, whether you are eating inside or out!
Brie and Apple Sandwich
A brie apple baguette is exactly the type of food I like to pack for a picnic on a warm spring day.
It’s exceedingly easy to make, yet it tastes super fresh and even a little decadent, thanks to the brie.
Mmm … don’t you just want to take a big bite of this Brie and Apple Sandwich?
How to Make an Apple Brie Sandwich
Apples and brie are a match made in heaven, especially when paired with crusty bread and a little Dijon mustard in this cold Brie and Apple Sandwich.
This brie apple baguette hardly even requires a recipe. It’s really that simple, but you’d never know it from how delicious this sandwich is!
Because this recipe is so simple, you’ll want to choose the best ingredients … the creamiest brie, your fave Dijon (Grey Poupon is delish + easy to find), and the freshest, crispest apples.
Of course, the bread is important, too. Choose a baguette with plenty of chewy texture, but not so tough that you injure the top of your mouth while chewing!
I served this Brie and Apple Sandwich with my light and zesty Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad.
It’s the perfect springtime combination, and felt super picnicky (is that a word?), even though it was freezing out!
Pair this Brie and Apple Sandwich and that yummy salad with a glass of wine (try chardonnay, sauvignon blanc, or rosé for more of that picnic spirit), and you will have an easy lunch or dinner in minutes
Make this cold Brie Sandwich your own!
Feeling creative? This brie apple baguette is super easy to customize!
Here are some simple ideas:
- Substitute pears for the apples.
- Use a different soft, washed rind cheese for the brie, or even a spreadable cheese like Boursin.
- Experiment with different mustards, like honey mustard or whole grain mustard.
- Turn it into a Brie and Apple Panini. Simply use a flatter bread, like ciabatta, then grill it in a cast iron pan or panini press. Yum!
However you serve it, this Brie and Apple Sandwich is sure to be a hit!
This Brie and Apple Sandwich is the ultimate picnic food!
- 1 (12-ounce) loaf crusty bread
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 pound brie cheese, sliced
- 1 1/2 medium apples, thinly sliced (such as Granny Smith)
Slice bread in half lengthwise.
Spread top half of the bread with the Dijon mustard.
Cover bottom half of bread with brie.
Top brie with apple slices.
Place top half of bread over apples and cut into 4 sandwiches. Enjoy!
Loved this Brie Sandwich?
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out these delicious ideas, too!
- Baked Brie with Cranberries and Pecans
- Spicy Chickpea Salad Sandwiches
- Crunchy Vegetable Wrap with Peanut Sauce
- Spinach Artichoke Grilled Cheese with Spicy Ranch Dipping Sauce
- Deviled Egg Salad Sandwiches
- Tomato Avocado Sandwich with Creamy Yogurt Dressing
What are your favorite springtime recipes?