Treat yourself to this decadent Brie and Apple Sandwich! This scrumptious recipe takes minutes to make with only four ingredients ... perfect for lazy lunches and dinners, picnics, or anytime you need a quick pick me up!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
There's nothing I love more than a picnic on a warm spring, summer, or fall day! Between the sun, relaxing atmosphere, and good company, what's not to love?
This cold Brie and Apple Sandwich is one of my favorite picnic recipes, but there's no reason to save it for a sunny day in the park. It makes a mouthwatering and easy to make lunch or dinner anytime of year!
You are going to LOVE this recipe! It's super easy to make and ready in minutes, and then there's the flavor ... apples and brie are a match made in heaven, especially when paired with crusty bread and tangy Dijon mustard.
This sandwich is a total crowd pleaser, too. The simple ingredients works so well together, plus they feel decadent and special. And no one has to know how easy it was to make but you!
Ready to take a big bite of this Brie Sandwich right now? Then keep reading for all the details!
This easy Brie Apple Sandwich uses simple ingredients you can find in any grocery store! Here's what you'll need:
- Apples - Crisp, tart-sweet apples work best for this recipe. I used Granny Smith, but other types may also be used. Check out my tips below.
- Brie - Choose high-quality cheese with a creamy texture, like this double cream brie.
- Mustard - Tangy Dijon mustard is the perfect counterpart to the sweet apples and rich Brie. Grey Poupon is an easy to find option that's also super delish.
- Bread - You can make this sandwich on any artisan-style bread. Choose bread that's chewy, but not too tough to bite into. Baguettes are a great choice (I used a whole grain one here), but sourdough, ciabatta, focaccia, and other crusty breads will also work great.
Tip: Because this vegetarian sandwich recipe is so simple, make sure choose the best ingredients ... the creamiest brie, highest quality bread, your fave Dijon, and the freshest, crispest apples.
You can pair almost any apple with brie, but apples with a little tartness are a great counterpoint to the rich, creamy cheese. Try pairing brie with Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Gala, Fuji, or Pink Lady.
You'll Also Need
You don't need many tools to make this recipe, but you will need a cutting board and a need a knife to cut the bread, slice the apples, and spread the mustard.
How to Make an Apple Brie Sandwich
This Apple Sandwich couldn't be easier to prepare ... in fact, you hardly need a recipe! You'll find a detailed recipe card below, but here's an overview of the steps:
- Slice the apple and brie. Start by coring your apples, then thinly slicing them. Then cut the brie into enough slices to cover your baguette.
- Spread bread with Dijon. Slice your baguette in half, and slather the top half with Dijon mustard.
- Add cheese. Add the sliced brie to the bottom half of your bread.
- Top with apples. Finish your sandwich by layering the sliced apples over the cheese. Then cover with the top half of the bread.
And that's all there is to it! Your Brie and Apple Sandwich is ready to devour. Just one bite of this tasty sandwich, and you will be licking your lips for more!
Feeling creative? This Brie and Apple Baguette tastes super delicious as-is, but it's also fun and easy to customize! Here are some simple ideas to inspire you:
- Fruit - Substitute pears for the apples. Ripe, but firm peaches or nectarines would also be tasty.
- Cheese - Substitute a different soft, washed rind cheese (like this amazing Mt. Tam cheese) for the brie, or replace it with a creamy goat cheese (this Humboldt Fog is a favorite) or even an easy to find, spreadable cheese like Boursin.
- Mustard - Experiment with different mustard flavors, such as honey mustard or whole grain mustard.
- Jam - Replace the mustard with a savory jam or chutney for a unique variation. This yummy Onion Jam would work great, as would this tasty Major Grey's Chutney.
- Panini - You can easily turn this cold sandwich into a Brie and Apple Panini by using flatter bread, like ciabatta or focaccia, then grilling it in a cast iron pan or panini press. Yum!
- Tea Sandwiches - Turn this recipe into tea sandwiches, by layering the ingredients on firm white bread. Once assembled, trim off the crusts and cut into four quarters.
However you serve it, this Brie Sandwich is sure to be a favorite with everyone at your table!
This Apple and Brie Sandwich recipe makes a great stand-alone lunch or dinner, but it's wonderful paired with a variety of sides, too! I served it with this light and zesty Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad, but it would be tasty with this Kale Cranberry Salad, easy Mixed Green Salad, or Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad, too. Simple side dishes, like this Red Potato Salad or this Greek Coleslaw, would also work well. For a cozier meal, pair it with a light soup, such as this Celery Potato Soup or this Vegan Carrot Soup.
If you're looking for more brie sandwich ideas, you'll love my Brie and Cranberry Sandwich, too! It's super delicious, and you can customize the flavor with different jams when cranberries aren't in season. And don't miss this decadent Baked Brie. It makes a show-stopping holiday appetizer!
Searching for simple sandwich ideas? Check out these recipes next:
- Fresh Tomato Toasts
- Sourdough Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Leon's Halloumi Wrap
- Chickpea Salad Sandwiches
- Vegetable Wrap with Peanut Sauce
- Spinach Artichoke Grilled Cheese
- Deviled Egg Salad Sandwiches
- Tomato Avocado Sandwich
- Vegan Hummus Sandwich
- Open Face Mushroom Sandwich
P.S. You can find more easy picnic ideas (and recipes) here!
Brie and Apple Sandwich
- 1 (12-ounce / 340 gram) baguette (or other crusty bread)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (½ pound / 227 gram) wedge brie cheese, sliced
- 1 ½ medium apples, cored and thinly sliced
- Slice bread in half lengthwise.
- Spread top half of the bread with the Dijon mustard.
- Cover bottom half of bread with brie.
- Top brie with apple slices.
- Place top half of bread over apples and cut into 4 sandwiches. Enjoy!