Are you a broccoli fan? Then you're going to LOVE this yummy Broccoli Pizza! It's loaded with this vibrant green veggie, plus chunks of tangy feta and salty olives ... super cheesy, so delish, and impossible to resist!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you ever had broccoli on pizza before? It's a surprisingly delicious pizza topping!
Whether you're a broccoli lover like me, or just need to use up some leftover broccoli, you need to try this scrumptious Broccoli Pizza recipe!
This unique pizza has a lot going for it! You've got lots of healthy broccoli in every bite. And then there are the other toppings ... a speedy homemade sauce, lots of cheese (mozzarella, asiago, and feta), plus tasty kalamata olives. The perfect combo of ingredients!
Best of all, this veggie pizza really couldn't be easier to make. It's as perfect for busy weeknights as it is lazy weekends.
Ready to try this recipe for yourself? Just keep scrolling for all the details!
This recipe uses simple ingredients you can find anywhere. Here's what you'll need:
- Broccoli - Of course, this tasty green veg is the star of the recipe! I cut mine into florets, but you can chop it up if you prefer. That way it will completely cover the pizza (more broccoli in every bite!).
- Pizza Sauce - This recipe uses my quick Pizza Sauce recipe which requires no cooking. If you have some on hand, pesto would make an excellent substitution.
- Cheese - You'll use a gooey combination of mozzarella and asiago cheese, plus tangy feta, which is sprinkled on top, for this recipe.
- Olives - Salty kalamata olives are the perfect compliment to the cheese and fresh broccoli.
- Pizza dough - Look for balls of pizza dough in your grocery store, or make your own from scratch.
Yes, you need to cook broccoli before putting it on pizza. For this recipe, you will steam it, however you could also sauté it in olive oil if you prefer.
Fresh broccoli is best for pizza, however frozen broccoli works in a pinch. Make sure to cook it just until it's crisp tender before topping the pizza.
You'll Also Need
You'll need a pizza pan to bake the pie, of course. I have this 14-inch one from USA Pan, and it is the best! Totally nonstick, but it doesn't have any yucky chemicals. I've had mine for years, and after countless pizzas, I've never had one stick to the pan.
How to Make Broccoli Pizza
Ready to get started? This recipe is super easy to prepare (perfect for weeknights)! You'll start by mixing together the pizza sauce and steaming the broccoli.
Once you've done that, you can assemble the pizza. You'll find a detailed recipe below, but here's an overview of the steps:
- Spread sauce on crust. Top the crust with a thin layer of sauce. Depending on the size of your pizza pan (mine is 14-inches) you might have a little left over.
- Sprinkle sauce with cheese. You'll add two-thirds of the mozzarella and asiago now and save the rest for topping the pizza.
- Top cheese with broccoli.
- Sprinkle feta over broccoli.
- Add olives after the feta.
- Finish the pizza with more cheese, then bake. You'll cook the pizza until the toppings are hot and the crust is golden brown. It should take about 15 to 20 minutes.
Don't you just want to dig into the Broccoli Cheese Pizza RIGHT NOW?! I know I do, and I also know you're going to love this recipe ... it's the perfect combination of cheesy and healthy. Yum!
Tip: Let your dough sit at room temperature for 30 minutes (if it's been refrigerated) to make it easier to work with. If your pizza dough contracts when stretching onto the pan, let it rest for few minutes before continuing. Resting relaxes the gluten, making it easier to spread.
Once you've mastered the basic recipe, here are some easy ways to change things up:
- Broccoli - To keep things quick and easy, this recipe calls for steaming the broccoli. However, you can add even more flavor by sautéing it in olive oil (add some garlic too, if you do) or by roasting it.
- Sauce - I used my favorite easy Pizza Sauce recipe here, but you could also use Pesto Sauce, olive oil and garlic, or even ricotta, like this White Pizza with Broccoli.
- Cheese - This recipe uses a combination of mozzarella, asiago, and feta cheeses. Other cheese will work though, like an Italian blend for the mozzarella-asiago combo, or swap in goat cheese for the feta.
- Garlic - Broccoli and garlic are a match made in heaven. Try tossing the steamed broccoli with sautéed garlic before topping the pizza, or add some Roasted Garlic on top the sauce.
- Veggies - Don't stop at broccoli, this pizza would also be tasty topped with mushrooms, grape tomatoes, roasted red peppers, red onions, sun dried tomatoes, spinach ... you name it!
This homemade pizza makes a great one dish meal! You can easily round out your dinner though by pairing it with Garlic Bread or a quick, tasty salad, like this Kale Salad, Chopped Salad, or this Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator, where it will stay fresh for three to four days. Reheat gently in your microwave or air fryer when ready to eat.
Looking for more creative pizza recipes? Try one of these pies, too:
- Roasted Vegetable Pizza
- Gorgonzola Pear Pizza
- Kale Pizza
- Caprese Pizza
- Pesto, Feta, and Veggie Pizza
- Pumpkin Pizza
For Pizza Sauce:
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- ⅛ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or ¼ teaspoon garlic powder)
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 ball pizza dough
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup halved kalamata olives
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix together tomato sauce, Parmesan, garlic, basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Season generously with salt to taste. Set aside.
- Place broccoli in a microwaveable container. Add 2 tablespoon water, then cover. Microwave for 3 to 4 minutes, or until broccoli is tender.
- Drain broccoli, then blot dry with a paper towel or kitchen towel. Season with salt to taste.
- Combine mozzarella and asiago cheese in a small bowl.
- Lightly oil pizza pan (or spray with nonstick spray), then top with pizza dough. Use your hands to spread dough across pan.
- Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce over dough (you may have a little left over).
- Sprinkle ⅔ of the cheese mixture over the sauce.
- Top cheese with broccoli, then feta and olives, and finally, the remaining cheese.
- Bake pizza for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until crust is golden.
- Cut pizza into wedges, then serve hot. Enjoy!