This Pan Roasted Tomato Bruschetta with Ricotta is ready fast and bursting with delicious, savory flavors ... perfect for any party!
The Oscars are this weekend, and I'm in countdown mode.
My husband works in the entertainment industry, so the Academy Awards are a big deal in our house. Every year, we try to catch as many of the nominated films and performances as possible.
We've even gone to special all-day movie marathons to see as many as possible in one day. Let's just say that it took a while for my butt to return to normal after that!
I love checking out all the dresses, and I even make my own Oscar ballots so we can make our category predictions ... and see if we were right or not!
Of course, it's fun to make something delicious to eat while watching, too. And my Pan Roasted Tomato Bruschetta with Ricotta is the perfect thing to serve at an Oscars viewing party ... or any party, really!
You are going to love this bruschetta with roasted tomatoes just as much as I do, I'm sure!
The secret to this roasted grape tomato bruschetta is the method. Instead of sauteing the tomatoes, you're going to pan roast them over high heat.
It's a really simple process, and the pan roasting concentrates and caramelizes the tomato flavor. When paired with creamy ricotta and crunchy bruschetta, this is one delicious flavor combination!
This easy tomato bruschetta recipe can also be served as an open faced sandwich, or tartine, if you want to make a meal out of it. That's my kind of sandwich. Yum!
How to Make Pan Roasted Tomato Bruschetta with Ricotta
This quick, easy bruschetta is so simple to make.
You'll start by slicing a baguette, then baking the slices until crispy. This creates the base for your toppings.
The key to this recipe is cooking your tomatoes over high heat on the stove top. As the tomatoes cook, they will burst and their flavors will concentrate.
Once the tomatoes are cooked, you can assemble the Pan Roasted Tomato Bruschetta by topping a piece of bread with ricotta, roasted tomatoes, and a sprinkle of basil or parsley.
And that's all it takes to make this roasted cherry tomato bruschetta. So simple, yet so delicious!
Make this Pan Roasted Tomato Bruschetta with Ricotta for your next party ... it's sure to be a hit with everyone who tries it.
Pan Roasted Tomato Bruschetta with Ricotta
- 1 baguette
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (16-ounce) package grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup basil or parsley leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Remove ricotta from refrigerator and set aside.
- Cut baguette into 20 (¼-inch thick) slices and place on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake bread until crisp but not overly browned, about 5-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- While bread is cooking, combine olive oil and crushed red pepper flakes in a large skillet; place over high heat.
- When hot, carefully add tomatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes begin to char and split. Remove from heat.
- Let tomatoes cool slightly and then place in a small bowl. Mash lightly with a fork and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- While bread and tomatoes are cooking, combine ricotta and garlic in a small bowl. Season generously to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- To assemble bruschetta, top baguette slices with a spoonful of ricotta, followed by a spoonful of tomatoes. Sprinkle with parsley or basil.
Looking for more easy appetizer ideas?
If you liked this Pan Roasted Tomato Bruschetta, try some of these other appetizer ideas, too:
- Southwest Hummus with Spicy Corn Relish
- Caprese Salad Skewers
- Creamy Lemon Artichoke Spread
- Layered Greek Hummus Dip
Will you be tuning in to the Academy Awards this year?