Get excited … I have a $250 Wallpaper Giveaway from Graham & Brown starting today!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Jamba Juice. All opinions are 100% mine.
Take a winter walk with me and experience winter in Central Park! Winter is the perfect time to experience a different side of Central Park, especially if you visit after a snow storm.
Pair this crave-worthy Chocolate-Covered Cherry Granola with yogurt for an easy, yet delicious breakfast or snack!
How are you doing on your New Year’s resolutions? One of mine was to read more books. Although I read a lot (mostly online), I finished an embarrassingly small amount of books last year. The actual number is top secret, so don’t ask!
I’m happy to report that I’ve already finished my first book, And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini. It was really, really good, and now I have the reading bug. Next on my list is Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg. I’m sure I won’t fly through that one quite as quickly, but I’m looking forward to starting. Have you read it?
Before I share my favorite links, I want to mention that I’m giving away 4 Blue Apron boxes to my Facebook Fans. Each box contains all the fresh ingredients you need to cook 3 meals. This is a service that I use and love, and I think you will, too! Enter now … the contest ends today, 1/17/14, at 11:59 PM EST.
Anyway, on to the links!
Ladies: have you resolved to move up the career ladder this year? Then don’t miss Classy Career Girl’s 6 Steps to Becoming an Effective Female Leader in 2014.
A Beautiful Mess has a great article on How to Stock a Bar Cart. I’d love to set one up this year!
Why drink plain water when you can drink flavored water? Henry Happened shows you How to Make Infused Water in 10 Tasty Flavor Combinations.
These Seedy Times Square Photos from the late ’80s are fascinating, especially if you’ve been there lately (things have sure changed).
I’m a huge fan of hot-hot-hot foods, so I can’t wait to try these Spicy Garlic Green Beans from The First Year Blog.
This 1 Hour Floral and Lace Infinity Scarf from Flamingo Toes’ has me dreaming of spring!
So, apparently Orange Juice Pancakes (via Sugar Bee Crafts) are a thing. They couldn’t be easier to make, so I have them on my weekend to do list
I LOVE this DIY Wooden Polaroid Gift Set from Sugar & Cloth. I’m going to admit right now that I’ll probably be greedy and just make one for myself!
When I lived in Chicago, one of my favorite breakfasts was huevos rancheros from our local tacqueria. I still order it whenever I see it on the menu, but there’s no corner taco shop where I live now. All this is a long way of saying that I was excited to see Naturally Ella’s recipe for Roasted Sweet Potato Huevos Racheros – it looks so good!
Finally, Bakeaholic Mama shared a Grapefruit Sage Mimosa that would be there perfect thing to sip while checking out these great MLK Day/Weekend sales:
- Kohl’s: Take an Extra 15% off everything with code FLAKE15 (ends 1/21/14). Cardholders: take 20% off with Kohl’s charge using code RESOLVE20 (ends 1/27/14).
- Nordstrom: Check out new mark downs and save up to 50% on men’s dress shirts + shop activewear for the New Year, Eileen Fisher resort looks, winter skincare, and more!
- Mr. Kate: Save up to 70% on jewelry and accessories!
- Lucy: Take an additional 30% off sale items, plus get free shipping. (Ends 1/21/14.)
- The Limited: Take 40% off full-priced Items and 50% off all markdowns with code LONGWKND. (Valid 1/17/14 through 1/20/14.)
- Wasteland: Take 10% off vintage inspired fashions with code WASTELAND10. (Ends 3/31/14.)
- Alternative Apparel: Take 10% off any purchase with code AASHOPIT (ongoing).
- Bauble Bar: Save up to 60% on fashion jewelry (ongoing).
- C. Wonder: Enjoy 40% off full-price jewelry + get an EXTRA 50% off sale clothing, jewelry, accessories, home & decor, and more! (Discount applied automatically in cart. Valid through 1/31/14.)
- Living Social: Get 20% off sitewide with code LSJAN20. (Valid 1/17/14 through 1/20/14 at 11:59 pm PST. Restrictions apply, $20 max discount.)
- Kidrobot: Enjoy 15% off all orders with code WINTER2014 or take 25% off orders over $50 at with code KRJANUARY25. (Excludes Art Giants. Ends 1/31/14.)
- Art.com: Save 25% on all orders of art, prints, posters, fine art, decorative, and more with code WINTER25. (Valid through1/31/14.)
- Cost Plus World Market: Save up to 50% on all furniture, wall décor, art, and mirrors (ends 2/3/14). Plus, save up to 30% off all solid window curtains (ends 1/21/14).
- Home Decorators Collection: Warehouse sale! Get 30% off 1000 + items including OUTLET!
- Groupon: shop New Year, New You deals!
- Hancock Fabrics: Get savings up to 60% off on glacier and anti-pill fleece and solids + much more. (Ends 1/20/14 at 11:59 pm.)
- Sur La Table: Save up to 40% on cookware.
- Uncorked.com: Take 10% off top-rated wines with code UNCORKED10. (Ends 1/31/14.)
- Design Within Reach: Save 15% on select sofa collections, rugs, table lamps, and floor lamps (ends 1/29/14).
- M & J Trimming: Get 50% off select ribbons, buttons, trims, and more (ends 1/31/14). Quantities are limited!
What are your weekend plans? Do you have anything exciting going on?
P.S. Follow me on Pinterest to keep up with everything that catches my eye!
I’m super excited about today’s post: I’ve partnered with NOVICA to offer a $50 gift certificate just for Hello Little Home readers!
NOVICA is a company I whole heartedly support. Not only are the products beautiful and unique, but your purchase supports an artisan-run business. Here’s how it works: NOVICA gives artisans from around the world (many living in rural communities) a free platform to sell their work on the international market. That platform empowers the artisans to build a sustainable business from their craft and helps to preserve ancient artistic traditions for future generations to enjoy. Pretty cool, right?
Although it was difficult – there are 1000s of gorgeous products to choose from! – I had so much fun picking out my favorite gift ideas from NOVICA’s website!
- Colorful Nesting Boxes. Mohd Tanveer crafts these beautiful Festive Delhi Wood Nesting Boxes by hand with strips of papri wood (Indian elm) over a wooden base. For a fun gift, I would fill each box with a small gift, stack the boxes up, and tie them together with a big bow on top.
- Hand Painted Beer Mugs. My husband is going to want these Barley Grains Ceramic Beer Mugs when he see this post! They were created by Mexico’s Javier Servin, who hand painted each mug with motifs inspired by barley grains and flowers. I love this modern take on the classic German beer stein.
- Elegant Earrings. How pretty are these Dahlia Sterling Silver Flower Earrings? The dahlia is a native flower of Mexico, and artisan Isela Robles uses it as a symbol in her jewelry. I love the unique design: the hoops look flat from the front, but the beautiful pattern can be seen from the side.
- Cozy Fingerless Mitts. The colorful patterns in these Ancash Fantasy Alpaca Wool Patterned Fingerless Mitts are absolutely gorgeous. They are made in Peru by Fernando Cano whose artistic origins come from his uncles who also worked in textiles. Alpaca, which is super soft and warm, is one of my favorite materials for knits.
- Pretty Pillow Covers. These beautiful White Trees of Life Cushion Covers are created by the Artisans of Tilonia (India). Each product the artisans create has a story to tell, and in this case, the trees depicted on the pillows blossom with natural exuberance, symbolizing life and offering their generous shade to passersby. They would look stunning in any home!
- Petite Paper Journals. I’ve found the perfect stocking stuffer! India’s Asha Prabha crafted this set of Jaipur Verses Handmade Paper Mini Journals (ideal for writing inspiring verses, motivational quotes, and personal insights) of handmade paper. The covers are screen printed to resemble vintage court documents over which handsome elephants are at play. On the third journal, a crimson paisley beats with the heart of Indian traditions.
- Hand Painted Ornaments. Decorate your tree with these lovely Hand Painted Wood Bell Ornaments (set of 6). Syed Izaz Hussein, who is from India, carved the bells from weeping willow wood and painted the festive details by hand. They’re perfect for ringing in the joyous spirit of the holiday season!
OK, now for the good part! Enter below to win a $50 gift certificate for purchase on Novica.com! I’ll announce the winner on December 19 (and will follow up with the winner via email). Good luck!
If you just can’t wait to shop, you can take $10 Off Orders of $25 or More at NOVICA.com right now! Just enter the code HOLIDAY10 at checkout (valid through 12-16-13 11:59 pm PT).
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission if you click a link and purchase something.