Kick dinner up a notch (or ten) with this decadent, delicious Cheesy Garlic Bread … it’s ready fast and super tasty!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I will douse anything in garlic, which you may have noticed if you’ve hung around here long enough (ha). I just love it!
So it’s probably not a surprise that I adore Garlic Bread. Honestly, who doesn’t though? It’s just so delicious.
And if I’m really feeling decadent, then I make my favorite Cheesy Garlic Bread. Yum!
This stuff is a cheese and garlic lovers dream, and I can’t wait to share my easy recipe with you. Keep reading for all the mouthwatering details!
Cheesy Garlic Bread
This Garlic Bread with Cheese is addictive … I find it impossible to stop at one slice, or even two.
We are talking thick slices of chewy bread topped with the most flavorful garlic butter spread, sprinkled with cheese, and then baked into an ooey gooey, garlicky delight.
It tastes amazing, pairs with almost anything, and best of all, it’s so simple to make. No fancy ingredients here, just buttery, garlicky deliciousness!
Have I tempted you yet? Then, let’s jump into all the details.
Garlic Cheese Bread Ingredients
The ingredients for Cheese Garlic Bread recipe are super simple. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Unsalted Butter – I prefer to use unsalted butter in my recipes. If you do use salted butter, make sure not to oversalt the spread.
- Fresh Garlic – For the best flavor, fresh garlic is a must in this recipe. Avoid anything pre-chopped, jarred, or powdered at all costs.
- Parmesan Cheese – Parmesan cheese is my secret Garlic Bread ingredient. It’s add a wonderful, complex layer of flavor that can’t be beat. Make sure to grate your own, and stay away from the canned and pre-grated stuff.
- Italian Blend Cheese – Look for pre-shredded Italian blend cheese in the dairy section of your grocery store, or make your own by blending together Provolone and Mozzarella. You could also use all Mozzarella if that’s all you have on hand.
- Salt – I always use kosher salt for my recipes. The flavor is so much better than regular table salt.
- Pepper – Fresh cracked pepper adds a little zip to this recipe.
- French or Italian Bread – Look for bread with a good texture, but avoid anything that’s too crusty (like a baguette), or it will be too hard to eat once baked.
How to Make Cheesy Garlic Bread
Now that you know what goes in this Garlic Cheese Bread, gather your ingredients, and let’s get started. It couldn’t be easier to make!
You’ll start by mixing together the butter, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. Make to use softened, room temperature butter, or it will be impossible to mix.
Season this mixture with salt and pepper to taste. It should be on the saltier side, but don’t go overboard.
Tip: would you prefer a milder garlic flavor? Then, replace the raw garlic with a head of roasted garlic. So good!
Split your loaf of bread in half length-wise.
Then spread each half evenly with your garlic butter spread.
Sprinkle the garlic butter with the Italian blend cheese.
I used a cup of cheese here, but if you want to go all out, you can! Simply increase the cheese by another half, or even a full cup.
Pop your bread in the oven, and bake it until the cheese is melted and a light golden brown.
Doesn’t it look amazing? I can practically smell that cheesy, garlic goodness through the screen!
If you’d like to add a little color, you can sprinkle the finished bread with a little chopped Italian parsley like I did in the photos.
What to Pair with Garlic Cheese Bread
This Cheesy Garlic Bread pairs perfectly with almost anything!
And needless to say, this Cheese Garlic Bread makes a wonderful snack, too. Dip it in my homemade Marinara for a snack-time treat.
Want more ideas? Check out my traditional Garlic Bread recipe for tons of recipe pairings!
Indulge in this delicious Cheesy Garlic Bread ... it's easy to make, decadent, and bursting with flavor!
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf Italian or French bread
- 1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Mix together butter, Parmesan, and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Slice bread in half length-wise. Spread with butter mixture, then top with Italian blend cheese.
Bake bread until cheese is melted and lightly golden, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Cut each bread half into 6 to 8 slices.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!
For a milder garlic flavor, replace the raw garlic with a head of roasted garlic.
To save a few calories, cut butter down to 6 tablespoons. Or for an extra-decadent treat, increase the Italian blend cheese by 1/2 to 1 cup.