Treat yourself to this easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe ... it's simple to make, moist, and super delish!
This post contains affiliate links.
I don't know about you, but I've never met a banana bread that I didn't like. It's the perfect treat morning, noon, or night, and it's a great way to use up old bananas. (This Strawberry Banana Bread is a fave.)
You know what makes this classic quick bread even better though? Chocolate chips!
This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe is the ultimate treat for chocolate lovers and banana lovers alike. It's super moist, full of banana flavor and rich chocolate chunks, and totally delicious.
Trust me, you need to whip up a batch of this yummy bread ASAP!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Chocolate and bananas are a natural pair. If you've never tried them together, you're in for a treat!
This Chocolate Banana Bread recipe is full of both. I've taken my go-to banana bread recipe and filled it with my fave chocolate chips. The result is a rich, buttery quick bread that's bursting with flavor and impossible to resist.
With all the chocolate chips, this easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread makes a great dessert. But it's perfect for enjoying in the morning or as a snack, too.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Apart from the mouthwatering taste, my favorite thing about this Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread is how simple it is to make. You can whip up a loaf in minutes!
Watch the video below to see just how easy this banana bread is to make ... then keep reading for my baking tips and a detailed recipe.
Looks easy, right? And it is!
Because this Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips is so simple, you’ll want to use top notch ingredients:
- Chocolate Chips – It's hard to go wrong with chocolate, but you'll still want to use the highest quality chips you can find. My fave chips are from Guittard, but I also like Ghirardelli. And of course, good old Nestlé works great, too! Feel free to use semi-sweet, bittersweet, or dark chocolate chips ... whatever you prefer will work.
- Nuts - I prefer to use walnuts or pecans. For extra flavor, toast the nuts before adding them to the recipe. Or skip them altogether, if you prefer.
- Butter – The recipe calls for unsalted butter. Using unsalted butter helps you control the salt content and flavor of your baking. Salted butter also has a higher water content than unsalted butter, which can affect the success of your baking.
- Salt – I use kosher salt for all of my recipes, whether I’m baking or not. Kosher salt simply tastes better, because it doesn’t have the additives that table salt does. If you do use table salt for this recipe, cut the amount down to ½ teaspoon.
Making the Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a separate bowl. Then, fold the flour mixture into the butter mixture with a spatula, mixing until the wet and dry ingredients are just combined.
The key to success with any quick bread is not over-mixing. You should still be able to see a little flour.
Fold in the bananas, chocolate chips, and nuts next ... again, just until combined.
Baking the Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Transfer the batter to a 9 x 5-inch bread pan, smooth out the top, then sprinkle with more chocolate chips and nuts. Then, bake your Chocolate Chip Bread until it's a deep golden color. Test it by inserting a toothpick in the center. It should come out mostly clean.
The hardest part about this recipe is letting the bread cool before you dig in ... the struggle is real!
Your patience will be rewarded with a slice of THE BEST Chocolate Chip Banana Bread though. It's definitely worth the wait.
By the way, if you love this easy Banana Chocolate Chip Loaf as much as I do, you'll be happy to know that it's easy to double. I like to freeze the second loaf to enjoy later. Yum!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- nonstick cooking spray
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium bananas)
- ¾ cup + 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 5-inch bread pan lightly with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy, using a stand mixer or hand mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 ½ cups flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Using a spatula, fold flour into butter mixture, until almost completely mixed. Do not over mix; there should be a little flour still visible.
- Fold in bananas, ¾ cup chocolate chips, and ½ cup nuts.
- Transfer batter to bread pan, then sprinkle top with remaining chocolate chips and nuts.
- Bake bread for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Cool bread completely before slicing. Enjoy!
Love this moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe?
And here are some other banana and chocolate recipes you'll like:
- Salted Caramelized Bananas
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Parfait
- Chocolate Fruit and Nut Clusters
- Strawberry Dark Chocolate Bark
- Easy Chocolate Fondue
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt
Are you a banana bread lover, too?