Need an easy holiday recipe that also makes a great gift? These beautiful Fruit and Nut Chocolates are a decadent holiday treat that takes minutes to make!
This post contains affiliate links.
I love easy, yet impressive looking recipes at this time of year.
A beautiful sweet treat makes a wonderful gift, and only you have to know it took minutes to create!
These Chocolate Fruit and Nut Clusters are so delicious, and they look impressive enough to gift. And who doesn't love chocolate?
They also really are fast to make, and you can find all of the ingredients at your local grocery store, nothing fancy required.
Fruit and Nut Chocolates
One of my favorite holiday traditions when I was a kid was making chocolate treats to enjoy ourselves and to give to family and friends.
My mom always bought a big block of chocolate, and we'd make chocolate covered pretzels and haystacks (chocolate covered chow mein noodles ...yum).
These Fruit and Nut Chocolates were inspired by those tasty treats that I made growing up, and they just as simple to make!
And just like those chocolates I made with mom, I love giving these Chocolate Fruit and Nut Clusters to friends and family. They are just so gorgeous, and they taste amazing, too.
For gift giving, try packing these homemade chocolates in a simple tissue lined box or in a clear jar, like I did.
These round jars with gold lids would be really pretty or use a mason jar. I can't find the exact gift tags that I used, but if you wanted to do something similar you could easily make them from this super affordable scrap pack of mulberry paper.
Once the tags are cut out, attach them to the jars with a little twine.
How to Make Chocolate Fruit and Nut Clusters
The only trick to making these easy to make treats is to not burn the chocolate. Just take your time while melting it, mix really well between microwaving, and you should be find.
These Chocolate Fruit and Nut Clusters are simple to customize to your taste. Start by choosing your favorite kind of chocolate.
I didn't want mine to be too sweet, so I used dark, bittersweet chocolate. Then add your favorite nuts and dried fruits. I used a mixture of cashews, pistachios, dried cranberries, and candied ginger.
However you customize them, this Chocolate with Fruit and Nuts is sure to be a treat you will enjoy all holiday season long!
I can't wait to make these homemade chocolates again this year.
What a delicious treat to look forward to!
Fruit and Nut Chocolates
- ½ cup dried fruit (I used about ⅓ cup dried cranberries. The rest was candied ginger.)
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- ½ cup nuts (I used half pistachio, half cashew.)
- Line two baking sheets with tin foil. Set aside.
- Cut ginger into bite sized pieces with a pair of kitchen shears. Set aside.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and place in a medium bowl.
- Heat chocolate in the microwave for 25 seconds, mix very well, then microwave for another 15 seconds. Continue heating chocolate in 15 second intervals then mixing well, until melted. Do not overheat.
- Drop a teaspoon of melted chocolate onto the lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chocolate.
- Cover chocolate with fruit and nuts.
- Place tray in freezer for about 5 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Remove tray from freezer, then separate chocolates from tin foil.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
What is your favorite food gift to give during the holidays?
P.S. Visit my Christmas page to get more easy holiday recipes, crafts, and decor ideas!