Christmas wouldn’t be complete without Nona’s Pecan Finger Cookies, my favorite holiday cookie recipe!
I usually go a little crazy baking Christmas cookies at this time of year. I love making a ton of cookies to share with co-workers, friends, and family.
It’s definitely one of my happiest holiday traditions.
Usually, I bake a mix of tried-and-true family recipes (like Poppy Seed Kiss Cookies or Mini Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cupcakes), along with a few new cookies. I love trying different recipes, but this year my kitchen is too small for a marathon baking session.
So, I’m focusing on my all-time favorites, including Nona’s Pecan Finger Cookies.
Pecan Finger Cookies
How to Make Pecan Cookies
Nona was my grandmother, and I have fond memories of visiting her home during the holidays. Without fail, there was sure to be a plate of these delicious, nutty Pecan Cookies.
No matter the other options, if Nona’s Pecan Finger Cookies were available, I went for them first (and still do).
Her Pecan Fingers recipe features a rich, buttery dough filled with ground pecans. You’ll shape the dough into finger-like logs, bake to the cookies, then finally rolled them in powdered sugar. The result is a tender cookies that crumbles in your mouth and has a rich, nutty flavor. Yum!
I’ve also seen these delicious treats called Pecan Crescent Cookies (with cookies shaped into crescents rather than fingers), Lady Finger Cookies with Pecans, and even Nutty Fingers (ha!). Whatever you call them, these Pecan Fingers are absolutely delicious!
I hope you’ll try this yummy Pecan Finger Cookies recipe this holiday season … it’s sure to become a Christmas favorite for your family, too. I need to warn you though: it’s impossible to stop at just one!
Loved these Pecan Cookies?
If you enjoyed this recipe, make sure to try some of my other Christmas Cookies, too!
- Black Bottoms Cupcakes
- Peppermint Thumbprint Cookies
- Poppy Seed Kiss Cookies
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Cookies
- Curry Shortbread Cookies
- Honey Cookies
- Ginger Cookies
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
Nona’s Pecan Finger Cookies
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, plus additional for rolling cookies
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups ground pecans
- Cream butter using a mixer. Add 1/4 cup powdered sugar, vanilla, and water; mix well.
- Add flour, salt, and pecans, and mix until blended.
- Cover and chill dough for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Form dough into rolls about 1 1/2 to 2 inches long and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for one hour. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- While the cookies are still warm, roll in powdered sugar to coat.
- Let cookies cool, then serve immediately or store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
What is your favorite Christmas cookie?
P.S. Check out all of my Christmas recipes, crafts, and decor ideas!