Upgrade your morning coffee with this delicious and easy to make Cinnamon Brown Sugar Coffee Syrup!
This post contains affiliate links.
I’m not a huge coffee drinker, but I do enjoy an iced coffee almost every morning.
Whether it’s hot or cold out, it’s the perfect boost to my morning. And when I don’t get my morning iced coffee, I get cranky … just ask my husband!
Usually, I make my iced coffee with milk and a little sugar, but every once in a while I like to add flavored coffee syrup.
A couple months ago, I was visiting a favorite store, and I happened across a bottle of Cinnamon Brown Sugar Coffee Syrup. It sounded so good to me, but it was expensive, and I didn’t get it.
Cinnamon Brown Sugar Coffee Syrup
I made a mental note though, thinking that eventually I would either buy a bottle or try to make my own version of that flavored coffee syrup.
Well, I finally got around to making my own Cinnamon Brown Sugar Coffee Syrup, and I can’t wait to share the recipe with you!
How to Make Cinnamon Brown Sugar Coffee Syrup
This Cinnamon Brown Sugar Coffee Syrup is so easy to make, and it tastes amazing. The best part is that you only need three ingredients for this homemade coffee syrup recipe: brown sugar, cinnamon, and water.
You probably already have everything you need for this homemade coffee syrup recipe in your pantry!
I like knowing exactly what’s in the food I eat, and unlike the bottled stuff, this Cinnamon Brown Sugar Coffee Syrup isn’t full of additives and food coloring.
Know someone that loves coffee? This Cinnamon Brown Sugar Coffee Syrup makes a great gift when packaged with a cute coffee cup and your favorite coffee beans.
I’m even sharing a free printable gift tag … just scroll to the end of the post to download the file.
Keep reading after the recipe to learn how to use this Cinnamon Brown Sugar Coffee Syrup to make a latte and an iced coffee, too.
Cinnamon Brown Sugar Coffee Syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine brown sugar, water, and cinnamon in a small pot over medium high heat.
- Whisk ingredients together, then cook until sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly. If the mixture starts to boil, turn down the heat.
- Remove from heat and let cool, then transfer to an airtight container. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve, stir a tablespoon or two into your coffee. Enjoy!
How to Use Coffee Syrup at Home
Wasn’t that easy? This homemade flavored coffee syrup really does only take a few minutes to make!
How to make a Cinnamon Brown Sugar Latte:
- Start with about a cup of hot espresso or strong coffee. I used my Ninja Coffee Bar on the Specialty Brew Setting.
- Stir a tablespoon or two of the Cinnamon Brown Sugar Coffee Syrup into the coffee.
- Microwave 1/2 cups milk until hot, about 1 minute, in a Ninja Frother. Then, put the lid on the frother and pump 15 times until the milk is foamy. If you don’t have frother, heat the milk in a jar with a lid (like a mason jar). Once it’s heated, secure the lid and shake until foamy.
- Pour the frothed milk into the coffee and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Doesn’t it look yummy?
Isn’t that the cutest mug? I get tons of questions about it! I bought it years ago from Starbucks, and I kind of live in fear it will break … ha ha. This Cable Knit Coffee Mug is similar.
Now that you know how to make a latte, why not try this syrup in an iced coffee? I’m showing you two ways, but try it in other drinks, too.
How to Make a Cinnamon Brown Sugar Iced Coffee … with the Ninja Coffee Bar:
- Fill a tall glass with ice, then add as much milk as you’d like. I usually fill my glass about 2/3 full of milk.
- Pour a tablespoon or two of the Cinnamon Brown Sugar Coffee Syrup into the glass.
- Add coffee grounds to the Ninja Coffee Bar and set glass in place to brew.
- Turn the dial to the Cup setting and press Over Ice Brew.
- When coffee is finished brewing, stir and enjoy!
How to Make a Cinnamon Brown Sugar Iced Coffee … without the Ninja Coffee Bar:
- Brew about 1 1/2 cups of coffee, then chill. I have a hack for chilling the coffee quickly … check out my how to make the perfect iced coffee post for directions.
- Place coffee in a tall glass, then add milk and coffee syrup to taste.
- Mix well, then fill glass with ice. Enjoy!
Okay, you can probably guess that I love my Ninja Coffee Bar … ha ha! It makes it so easy to make coffee house style drinks at home, plus my daily iced coffee takes under 5 minutes to make (no chilling or refrigerating required).
Flavored Coffee Gift Idea
Want to give this Cinnamon Brown Sugar Coffee Syrup as a gift? You’ll need a decorative bottle, the free printable gift tag (it’s at the end of the post), and some string.
Transfer the coffee syrup to a bottle. I used an empty vinegar bottle, but if you don’t have a spare bottle, these glass bottles from Amazon would work perfectly.
It’s that simple! Make a big batch and gift a bottle to everyone you know for an easy holiday gift with a personal touch!
Click anywhere on the image below (except the Pin Me! button) to get the free printable Cinnamon Brown Sugar Coffee Syrup gift tag:
For best results, print the label on card stock paper.
How do you drink your coffee?